Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davideG-28 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas.

Author Posts
October 14, 2022 at 1:07 pm #12243027

davideG-28

Since we changed the main language of the site from Italian to English we no longer see the previews of the media (hidden link) (see attached image)

October 14, 2022 at 1:12 pm #12243061

Andreas

Thank you for resolving the other issue. Now for this one, before move forward, can you please try this :

Please go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting
Press the following buttons:
• "Clear the cache in WPML"
• "Synchronize posts taxonomies" for Media
• "Remove ghost entries from the translation tables"
• "Fix element_type collation"
• "Set language information"
• "Fix post type assignment for translations"

Always take a backup before such actions.

Share the results afterward.

Regards,
Andreas

October 14, 2022 at 1:29 pm #12243159

davideG-28

Hi, I made every step you suggested but still have problem.
Please note that I don't need images an video to be duplicated when products are translated.

Thanks

October 14, 2022 at 1:50 pm #12243277

Andreas

First of all to clarify. We are not actually duplicating the media files, we are adding one more db entry in the database in order to show the media in both languages.

If you don't need those media files, you can delete them.

Or also if you need different media files per language, you can use WPML Media plugin.

So those media files seem corrupted because of the change, but do you have any issues in your frontend? Are those corrupted media are useful to you? If not you can delete them and everything will be back to normal.

Always have a backup before proceeding with such moves.

Regards,
Andreas

October 14, 2022 at 2:46 pm #12243687

davideG-28

Ok, I will delete broken media.

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.