Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 7, 2023 at 12:25 pm #13967957

bergmans23

Hi there,
I get "The WPML Media Translation setup is almost complete. Click here to finish the setup." in the top of my backend cockpit. When I click that link, the next page tells me that is not available to me. I do not have WPML Media Translation installed.
I don't use WPML Media Translation, so I'd rather get rid of it..
How can I do this?
Thanks!
Bye
Ward

July 7, 2023 at 12:56 pm #13968147

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi Ward.

Maybe somehow this is served via a cached version.

Can you please remove all the caching and then disable (only after you fully delete the existing caching and only after a full website backup) WP Rocket and Redis Object Cache?

Please let me know how things go.

Mihai Apetrei

July 7, 2023 at 2:11 pm #13968597

bergmans23

Hi Mihai,
Thanks for the reply.
I’ve already flushed every cache I could get my hands on.
This message isn’t going away.

Bye
Ward

July 9, 2023 at 6:14 pm #13973385

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Thank you for the update.

1. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

2. To further debug the problem I’d like to replicate your site locally.

I will need your written approval to be able to duplicate your site using a plugin called "Duplicator" and test your site on a testing environment so can you please let me know if this is ok with you?

After we find a solution for this, the duplicated site will be deleted.

Also, please create a full website backup before answering.

I will be waiting for your response.

Mihai

July 10, 2023 at 8:12 am #13975237

bergmans23

Hi Mihai,
Hope you could enter the site's backend with the details I sent?

While you're in there anyway... I'm auto translating all the content, paying as I go. This is really great, but I have some trouble getting the Woocommerce multilingual plugin to translate the product attributes... Whatever attribute I choose, the tab gives an exclamation sign and nothing shows...
I thought, maybe you can have a quick look while working on our site anyway? 🙂

Thanks in advance,

Bye
Ward

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 10.12.25.png
July 11, 2023 at 11:03 pm #14018329

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Ward.

I can confirm that I was able to successfully log into the backend of the site, yes.

However, I am still investigating on this matter.

So I'm still having the ticket assigned to myself for now.

In regards to the other question, it seems that there is also a different issue happening that you are looking to have fixed.

Per our Support Policy, we can handle only one issue per ticket.

Continuing with one issue per ticket helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

So can you please open a new ticket for any new specific issue that you are experiencing?

Thank you so much for your cooperation and understanding.

I will get back to you as soon as I have new updates on the issue reported in this ticket.

Mihai

July 14, 2023 at 8:35 pm #14041455

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Ward.

I'm back.

At the moment, I can't see the notification anymore.

Can you please let me know if you can still see it?

Maybe it was server caching and it got removed automatically by the server?

Please let me know.

Mihai

July 15, 2023 at 9:51 am #14042271

bergmans23

Hi Mihai,
Well, I found the install file for the media translation plugin and installed it.
That made the message go away.
My trouble with the media translator is, that it seems to create an instance of every image for every language, which makes the site rather heavy.
Or do I see that wrong?
Bye
Ward

July 17, 2023 at 10:15 pm #14053765

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Ward and thank you for the update.

I am happy to hear that the initial notice is not showing up anymore and that it was resolved.

Depending on the Media Settings (https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/#id5), WPML can create an "alias" of the current media but that won't be an image duplicate that would take space on your server.

You can see all the available settings at the URL above.

There's a good amount of settings that you can use and have control over.

If you encounter any specific issues along the way with the media, please do not hesitate to open a new ticket for each of them.

Per our Support Policy, we can handle only one issue per ticket.

Continuing with one issue per ticket helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

Have a lovely rest of the day!

Mihai

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.