Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
July 28, 2022 at 4:44 pm #11761083

ramym-3

I have woocommerce products that I'd like to translate, but I do not have the translations yet. I would only like to create the pages and add a "Content in English coming soon" note while keeping the original language content.

I've tried creating the page by hitting the + icon, but I would not let me save the translation without finishing the translation.

hidden link

thank you

July 29, 2022 at 4:10 am #11763287

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

Sorry, there isn't a way to display a sentence showing that your translations are not ready yet. But you can display the primary language products on your translated pages by switching the "Translatable" option in WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation. Choose "use translations if available as explained here https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-posts/

Once you've done that, your primary language products will be displayed on your translated page.

Could you give it a try and let me know how it goes?

Thanks!

Kor

August 1, 2022 at 12:27 pm #11776967

ramym-3

Hello Kor,

OK I understand. In this case, is there a separate page that is created for each translation where I can simply add a section with that note?

August 2, 2022 at 4:17 am #11781555

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

No, there will be no separate pages created. But maybe I misunderstand your question. Could you switch the "Product" CPT option to "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" and tell me what you see on your translated product archive page?

If you're still not sure, please share temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your Website so that I could check if some configurations might need to be changed.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons, and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/plugin for these backup needs.

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if required. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

While checking your debug information, I noticed that your “WP Memory Limit” PHP limit is below the required 128MB or recommended 256MB as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/ . Could you please contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase this PHP value for you?

Thanks!

Kor

August 2, 2022 at 12:36 pm #11785629

ramym-3

So are "product" pages treated differently from regular pages? Because tpml did create new pages for my translated pages and I do have access to those pages to modify independently, for example. In any case, the client has decided to hold off the english site until they have all the content so I just switched wpml off for now.
Thank you for the help Kor!

August 3, 2022 at 3:36 am #11789401

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Translations for both products and pages are similar. However, product information like "prices", "variables" and etc. can only be configured in the primary language.

As for pages, yes, you can modify translated pages independently.

Please let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks!

Kor

The topic ‘[Closed] translate woocommerce products, but without translating page content.’ is closed to new replies.