Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 23 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
December 21, 2022 at 7:34 pm #12695335

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, I'm checking the issue since Andreas is on vacation.

I tried again troubleshooting options without success.

I have a few questions
1. do the issue only happens on the linked products or on others as well?
2. if you translate a product from scratch, do you still have the issue?
3. are you by any chance using custom attributes (per products, not from Products > Attributes) on not working products?

December 22, 2022 at 3:56 pm #12702309

ziga pipan

I really dig into this. I found out it actually has something to do with duplicate attubutes. If I change product size attribute from L to another L it starts working on the other language.

Problem is, the non working one is the one with way more products.
hidden link

Is there a way of combining this without going thru all the products?

January 3, 2023 at 11:48 am #12744613

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

My apologies that due to the holidays it took us some time to reply on this matter.

Please go to Products > Attributes > Velikost > Configure terms and make sure to not use any duplicated terms.

You do have terms like "L" that both use the same slug "l" and this will cause issues when translating the content.

Make sure to only use each term/slug once, then adjust the affected products and apply their translation again.

Best regards
Andreas

terms 2.png
terms.png
January 3, 2023 at 3:19 pm #12745801

ziga pipan

I know, but my question was if there is an option to merge them? Because I have 10 products with 1 attribute and 200 products with a duplicata attribute. And the ones ones with 200 do not work.

January 3, 2023 at 4:42 pm #12746551

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

As I said, I usually would guess that this is caused to duplicated terms that use the same slug - the terms should not exist more than once in each language.

Did the issue with those attributes (terms) that are no longer working exist already before you created duplicated attribute terms?

Further, it means that the issue is solved when creating new terms, correct?

Could you maybe set up a clone or staging site, on which we could run some further tests without affecting the live site and its existing content?

If this is not possible, then please let me know.

Best regards
Andreas

January 5, 2023 at 8:27 pm #12761107

ziga pipan

We deleted the duplicated attributes by hand and assigned a new size attribute to the products. I ran the "Recreate the product attribute lookup table" tool and cleared cache but the issue still remains I'm afraid :((

SLO
hidden link
CRO
hidden link

SLO attributes
hidden link
CRO attributes
hidden link

I don't get it.

January 6, 2023 at 2:15 am #12761777

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

It appears that syncing the attributes and applying the translation of the affected product again, solved the issue now.

hidden link

Please confirm.

Best regards
Andreas

sync.png
January 6, 2023 at 12:37 pm #12764469

ziga pipan

Seems to be working now!

January 6, 2023 at 6:23 pm #12766159

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your confirmation.

If not any further assistance is needed on this matter, please consider this ticket as resolved, and have a nice weekend.

Best regards
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.