Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Alejandro.

Author Posts
May 25, 2023 at 6:25 pm #13718671

hagenD

but if i deinstall WPML, are the translations lost? I already spent more than 200$ on translations for this site.

Regarding the rest, ok, will try it.

May 25, 2023 at 6:27 pm #13718681

hagenD

I downgraded to PHP 7.4...and saw that "Performance Plus" was enabled for this site by the hosting company, which is, as they describe it "APCu and OPcache" so it seems that server side cache really was active.

i deactivated that now.

May 25, 2023 at 6:30 pm #13718713

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

When it's active, do you see an option to "flush" it? if so, please activate it, flush it and then deactivate it and let me know.

Once you do that, try to resend to translate some products (on the staging site) and see if it works this time. if it does, try translating another page and see if it works because on my end it worked the first time, then the second time it didn't and then only after a while, it worked again only once.

Maybe this won't happen again this time.

Let me know how it goes. i have added some credits to your site so you can test comfortably.

May 31, 2023 at 1:43 pm #13747905

hagenD

i figured everyhting out but i still have one problem on my website hidden link

The problem is the translation of the site hidden link

When i try to translate the site, it shows that it is already translated 100% for all languages. But the complete site is still shown in englisch, no matter which language i choose.

and in the ATE, it shows none of the content, just the site title.so i am not able to translate it at all.

the strange thing: these dropdowns with questions and answers are all aready part of other pages, such as:

hidden link

i put them at the bottom of each product page. on each product page they were succesfully translated.

but on hidden link it is not working, what should i do?

June 1, 2023 at 3:08 pm #13755863

Alejandro
Supporter

This behaviour tells me that the content on the page is not compatible with WPML thus, not recognized with our translation editor.

Can you tell me how are you building that page? Maybe through a template, page option, page builder widgets from third parties, etc? Please give me some details about this so I can understand what we can do next.

June 1, 2023 at 3:14 pm #13755913

hagenD

I am using WPBakery. The thing is, these FAQ dropdowns are already translated on product pages.

For example here:
hidden link

if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can find exactly, word for word the same FAQ drop downs. Now i just wanted to add them in another page so they are easier to find.

June 1, 2023 at 3:16 pm #13755945

hagenD

And if they were already translated on product pages, using the same implementation with WPBakery, same shortcodes..i don't know it's not working on a separate page.

June 1, 2023 at 4:54 pm #13756783

hagenD

i cannot wait longer so i manuall copy pasted the dropdowns into the page content of the translated pages.

since i am not using "translate evrything automatically", is it safe that my changes are not overwritten again?

or how to prevent that?

June 2, 2023 at 8:28 am #13759239

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello!

Before i give you an answer would it be possible for you to send me the url of the page that had this issue and then allow me to access the site so i can take a better look at what's going on and suggest you a possible solution accordingly?

I have just activated the appropriate boxes for the credential information i need from you. they are private so only you and i will be able to see them.

I suggest you create a temporary user, set it as an administrator and then add those credentials in the fields mentioned above.

June 5, 2023 at 1:11 pm #13771313

Alejandro
Supporter

Please check this video out: hidden link

It seems that at one point you had either string translation disabled or had a problem with wp bakery, etc that made it so WPML only recognized the title, however as i made a change to that page, i noticed that it would now work correctly and show the content without issues.

Can you test it on your end as well and let me know if it works now?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.