Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.74 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
November 21, 2022 at 5:46 pm #12506273

rolfS-6

Hello, I have WP All Import and need it to add product data to Woocommerce
it just worked with smaller amounts of data (900 products)
now I wanted to add a larger amount of products.
I have prepared excel files with 4000-5000 records each,
was slow but they were fed into the database,
Now there are 19,000 products in the database and if I want to add more data using an Excel file, the message comes up
"All xx records from all_1_de_1xx.xlsx were successfully processed.
WP All Import created xx new records"
but no new products will be added
Can you help me there?
i contact support@wpallimport.com, but he write to me i must contact the WPML support team

can you help me about this problem?

November 22, 2022 at 3:39 pm #12513163

Andreas

Hi,

before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

May I ask you to share the conversation you had with WP All Import team in order to understand from their debugging, how they conclude that the issue is coming from WPML part?

This will help us understand better the issue.

Also, I can see that your memory is 128Mb which is very low for such kind of import.

May I ask you to increase your memory to a higher number for example 512Mb or maybe 1024 ?

In your wp-config.php

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '1024M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '1024M' );

Last but not least on a staging site, if you try to import 19000 products without WPML, everything is working flawlessly?

Regards,
Andreas

November 22, 2022 at 7:21 pm #12514627

rolfS-6

Hello,
I wrote the same text to the WP All Import team and gave them access to the admin area, and they sent me an email:

Hi Rolf,
Thanks for the details, but unfortunately, we can't assist with multilingual imports. The WPML support team would have to be contacted since they developed the add-on for WP All Import and support it: https://wpml.org/forums/forum/english-support/.
However, if you're able to reproduce the issue when WPML plugins are deactivated, we'd be happy to investigate further.
Best Regards,
Ese Omame
Soflyy

i have now tested deactivating the plugins of WPML and after that 1000 more products were displayed in the product list that i had uploaded as the last excel file and that were not displayed before.

and i have increased the memory to 1024 mb

greetings
Rolf

November 24, 2022 at 7:59 am #12524689

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello Rolf,

thanks for getting back.

Can you please follow the next steps and share more info with me:

1) How many products are you importing with that CSV, when the issue happens?

2) Does the issue happens if you limit the import to fewer products, for example, 10?

3) Does the issue happens when using WP default theme, only WPML plugins, WP All import plugins and WooCommerce enabled, all others are disabled?

4) Does the same issue happens with import if you re-run it but with WPML plugins disabled?

Let me know, thanks.
Drazen

November 24, 2022 at 10:06 am #12525735

rolfS-6

1) How many products are you importing with that CSV, when the issue happens?

I first tried with 3000 to 4000 products per import, up to approx. 19000 were inserted, the next file with approx. 3000 products was imported and the message everything was successfully processed, but only 19000 products were displayed, and the other 3000 products were not displayed.
I also tried this with smaller files, but they were no longer displayed either.
When I deactivated all WPML plugins, all products, the 3000 and the smaller files were displayed.
if i import with deactivated WPML plugins everything is displayed and the import is 10 times faster, if i activate the WPML plugins the import is very slow and is not displayed with the products.

2) Does the issue happens if you limit the import to fewer products, for example, 10?

nein, egal ob 10 produkte oder 3000,
zuerst hatte ich 19000 produkte importieren können bis der fehler auftrat, dann habe ich alles gelöscht und nochmal neu importiert, da war bei 18500 schluss

3) Does the issue happens when using WP default theme, only WPML plugins, WP All import plugins and WooCommerce enabled, all others are disabled?

I have deactivated everything, no changes

4) Does the same issue happens with import if you re-run it but with WPML plugins disabled?

if all WPML plugins are deactivated, the import is faster and all data is displayed.

November 24, 2022 at 12:15 pm #12526853

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

As I understood issue happens also with 10 products and only required plugins activated as suggested in step 3. This helps simplify issues and let's us continue the further test in this condition.

Can you please provide me a video of the issue happening in this condition, so I can understand better what goes wrong and then also when works fine without WPML?

Please make sure to show me each step of import, so I can see your template settings and confirm all is okay.

Thanks,
Drazen

November 24, 2022 at 12:48 pm #12527199

rolfS-6

I have reactivated the theme and plugin.
I don't know how fast they respond.
Isn't it easier to give them the admin access data and an excel file with the next product numbers?
the problem is only when about 18000 - 19000 product data are imported and that takes 5-6 days and nights.

November 24, 2022 at 1:26 pm #12527485

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

I am not sure if this reply was intended for me, I am a bit confused.

Can you please check again my last reply, and if possible provide asked information?

Thanks,
Drazen

November 24, 2022 at 11:45 pm #12530641

rolfS-6

i upload the videos here: hidden link
1 minute later the product show the 20 new product

November 25, 2022 at 7:04 am #12531719

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back and taking the time to share the video.

I understand the issue, and it should work fine, probably some code or plugin is blocking the correct import of WPML. I would need to check and debug it further.

Please provide access to the staging website, if possible.

Please make a full backup of your site (files and database) and confirm it in your next reply.

Please note, that I might need to do some debugging procedures like enable/disable plugins, switch themes, change the default language of the user account, and/or access your website database to debug the issue furtherly.

I will share with you any changes or steps done in this process. Please let me know if you do not agree with the above or if I do not have your permission for any.

I would need to access both your site's wp-admin and FTP account, if possible.

I have enabled the private username and password fields in your next reply.

I suggest you create a new user, set it as an administrator and then add those credentials in the private fields mentioned.

You can safely add your information into these fields.

Thanks,
Drazen

November 25, 2022 at 8:20 am #12532311

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

in this ticket I will be checking on why the import is not working correctly with WPML plugins, as a side issue I will check slowness but we might need a new ticket for this since we limit 1 issue per 1 ticket to keep things clear.

Please also confirm it is okay for me to disable all plugins and switch themes.

Nevertheless, please check the shared WordPress access details and edit it if needed, as I am getting: "The username or password you entered is incorrect".

Thanks,
Drazen

November 25, 2022 at 8:33 am #12532383

rolfS-6

ok, the password was wrong,
you give me one more a private message

November 25, 2022 at 8:35 am #12532389

rolfS-6

ahh, i see, i can change in the private message, new password is in

November 25, 2022 at 9:55 am #12533073

rolfS-6

also i confirm it is okay for me to disable all plugins and switch themes.

November 25, 2022 at 12:32 pm #12534233

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

I have checked and found the problem with your issue with the product not importing correctly.

I have enabled WooCommerce Mulngual which is a required plugin and then disabled "Increase speed by disabling do_action calls in wp_insert_post during import." as mentioned in our docs. Then I deleted a few products and imported them back, they show up fine.

- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

As for the speed issue, I see import is run rather quickly but then stuck on "Clean temporary data" for a few minutes. I am not sure what this part does, but I suggest you check with WP All import support for more details, and if the same issue happens on another server with fewer products, since you have 21 000 products could be it takes a while to server process data.

Example:
- https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cleaning-temporary-data/

If you still need help with this 2nd issue feel free to contact us in a new ticket and we will be glad to check.

Thanks,
Drazen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.