Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas.

Author Posts
September 19, 2022 at 1:09 pm #12079287

thibaultG

Hi,

I have a shortcode that looks like this [ts_widget id="xxxx"]

But when I open the translator it doesn't offer me to translate the ID part to change it. See screenshot attached.

Thank you for your help, Thibault

image_2022-09-19_150839641.png
September 19, 2022 at 2:56 pm #12080145

Andreas

Hello there

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help you.

Have you developed that shorcode or it is from a plugin ?

For shortcodes in general using the Advanced Translation editor, you would need to search for the shortcode in the top search bar in the Advanced Translation editor screen.

Kindly check our guide about translating shortcodes in the Advanced Translation editor. (https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-translate-urls-shortcodes-and-html-attributes-using-the-advanced-translation-editor/)

Please give it a try and inform me about the results

Regards,
Andreas

September 19, 2022 at 2:59 pm #12080217

thibaultG

Hi Andreas,

It's from a plugin.

I'm already searching the shortcode.
Did you check the screenshot I provided?

The URL you provide doesn't help in the issue I described. It is already what I'm doing.

Thank you

September 20, 2022 at 9:55 am #12085427

Andreas

Hello again. I was afraid that it will not work, because the screenshot you shared indicated that the shortcode is coming from another source.

Can you please give a try to our new feature described here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#1-4-automatically-converting-shortcode-ids

Please be careful to add the correct data from the shortcode in the configuration. To be correct, please read the whole documenation.

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes or if you need any further assistance. I'll gladly help you. 🙂

Regards,
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.