Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 5, 2022 at 12:39 pm #11989733

svenH-12

After the upgrade to the latest version widgets in our footer are no longer working as before.
We have our app download icons separate for all our 9 languages.
However now each language shows on every page (not just the page language icons)
So the Display on language:
Deutsch -> is not working anymore

We are using the classic wdigets
You can see the failure here hidden link in the footer or for any other language.

Hope you can help

September 5, 2022 at 2:34 pm #11990531

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

September 5, 2022 at 5:22 pm #11991727

svenH-12

Yvette, just as an extra note - please do not deactivate the classic (old) widgets. We have the new block widgets deactivated because it caused huge problems with our theme.

But the same settings worked flawlessly with the most recent WPML version before the upgrade today. Sio I hope you can help with a solution but keeping the current setup.

Thanks!

September 5, 2022 at 7:55 pm #11991935

svenH-12

Sorry to add: We are not also seeing the same thing in our forum on hidden link
You can see the sidebar where we wanted to add different languages and it is also not picking up. In widgets it is called WPForo Sidebar (Forums)

I have now stopped updating the other ones first.

September 6, 2022 at 8:57 am #11994371

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

It looks like this issue is known and has been reported.

Please see this errata for a workaround and temporary fix.
https://wpml.org/errata/wpml-4-5-9-widgets-are-shown-in-all-languages-if-classic-widgets-plugin-is-enabled/

I wait for your news.

September 6, 2022 at 9:06 am #11994569

svenH-12

Thank you. This seems to have fixed our problem!
Question: Will we now have to change this file with each and every update of WPML or will this be added to the main installation?

How to handle this in the future.

Many thanks for your help
Sven

September 6, 2022 at 9:53 am #11994907

Yvette
Supporter

As it is in an errata, the fix will be incorporated into the next major release (4.6) or possbily in next "fix" release (4.5.10).

The release notes and the status of the errata will indicate when the fix is delievered.

January 16, 2023 at 2:05 pm #12827355

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Fixed in WPML 4.5.10

January 16, 2023 at 2:34 pm #12827481

svenH-12

Hi Laura, thanks for the update. Is there anything for us to do in order to clear the temporary solution you provided to us last September ? https://wpml.org/errata/wpml-4-5-9-widgets-are-shown-in-all-languages-if-classic-widgets-plugin-is-enabled/

Thanks
Sveb

March 14, 2023 at 3:30 pm #13244625

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

You just need to update, there's nothing else to do

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.