Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was trying to translate the WooCommerce checkout page and cart, specifically the Elementor part with headings and text, as well as the placeholders from the checkout form. They encountered issues where only one string from the page title was available for automatic translation, and even after translating and approving the text, the changes were not reflected on the front end. The client attempted to import

woocommerce_[language].po

files to add missing strings for the placeholders but found that not all placeholders were translated.

Solution:
We suggested that the client could delete the translation and indicated that the issue might be related to a compatibility problem. We recommended creating a staging site to run further tests without affecting the live site. The client decided to delete the problematic translation and start from scratch, which did not resolve the issue initially. However, after creating a new checkout page using WooCommerce's original checkout fields, the translation worked immediately. The client also mentioned that the CartFlows plugin might have compatibility issues.

If you're experiencing similar issues, we recommend trying the following steps:
1. Attempt to delete the problematic translation and start from scratch.
2. Create a new checkout page using WooCommerce's original checkout fields to see if the translation works correctly.
3. Consider the possibility of compatibility issues with other plugins, such as CartFlows.

Please note that this solution might be outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we highly recommend checking related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you need further assistance, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 26 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assisted by: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
March 21, 2024 at 9:19 am #15435219

vasils

Hello, I am trying to translate woocommerce checkout page and cart for a couple of hours now.
I am trying to translate the Elementor part of the page, which consists of Headings and text. And then the placeholders from the checkout form. I firstly tried to translate them from the Translation Management automatically, and saw that only one string of the page title was shown when doing so, however on the review part, there was the whole text which got translated I approved it and continued. However on the front end its not showing like that.

I tried to import the woocommerce_[language].po files as seen here to add missing strings for the placeholders on the checkout page - https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/translating-cart-and-checkout-pages/

While trying that I also found this for the placeholders -

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/#enable-auto-register-strings

which helped me translate some of them, but strangely not all ?

Could you please help me on this matter.

March 21, 2024 at 9:23 am #15435235

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

1.- Please share a screenshot or a video showing the untranslated strings. That will serve as a guide to know what are the missing translations.

2.- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to back up the site before providing us access. If we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos

March 21, 2024 at 11:36 am #15436013

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you for sharing the credentials requested.

Please translate this content and check if the issue disappeared: hidden link

March 21, 2024 at 1:03 pm #15436413

vasils

Hi, thank you for the suggestion. I have tried the translation from there, but still it does not show correctly.

March 21, 2024 at 2:26 pm #15436808

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Please finish the translation of the two flows in WPML -> Translation Management -> Filter by Flow. Then double-check if the issue disappeared.

March 21, 2024 at 3:30 pm #15437234

vasils

I've just tried that as well, but unfortunately does not work. Both flows/steps translated, when I translated it with the manager it showed correctly translated, but on the front-end still nothing. I cleared cache both on site and my browser.

Any other suggestions maybe ?

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 17.27.37.png
March 22, 2024 at 9:33 am #15439611

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Thank you for following these steps.

After you translated the Flows and Steps I went to WPML -> String Translation -> And followed the steps described in this link to search and translate the IDs of the posts (Flows and Steps) from the Admin text section: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

Now you can see that the checkout is translated: hidden link however the form is missing. I tried to manually edit the Step in Romanian with Elementor: hidden link but I can't find the checkout form element to add it. Could you edit the Steps in Romanian using the previous link and add the form?

March 22, 2024 at 11:00 am #15439964

vasils

Hi Carlos, thank you for fixing it and explanation. The form is missing because the Cartflows is not shown on the Elementor widget section for some reason. WHen I open the not translated checkout form, its there.

I am not sure how translated content is handled with Elementor, but since the admin part is translated I guess it could be some setting that blocks not translated strings from showing ?

March 22, 2024 at 11:01 am #15439968

vasils

I still need assistance with this

March 22, 2024 at 11:15 am #15439994

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I have registered the Checkout form element. Please follow these steps:
- Edit hidden link
- Make a small change
- Save the changes and update the translation
- If the form is still missing from the secondary language, then duplicate the hidden link to Romanian and then manually add the translation.

That way, when duplicating the content, all elements in the original language will be copied to the secondary language, including the checkout form, so you will only need to translate the strings again and the issue should be solved. Here is a guide on how to duplicate the content -if necessary-: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/#how-to-duplicate-pages-and-posts-in-bulk

March 22, 2024 at 3:19 pm #15441543

vasils

Hello I am trying to duplicate from the translation management as shown, it says that the duplicate is succesful, but I do not see anything added, when I go inside the view of the "Store Checkout 02" I see that in the language section, the Translation is duplicated. (see pic below.) Okay and then what as shown in the documentation - https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/#how-to-duplicate-pages-and-posts-in-bulk

There should be a button that overwrites the content, but I don't see it. I clicked on the pencil/eye icon to update the translation in the and the translation seems correct. I can find the page and its translation in the Translations as a Step, however when I try to make a test order it redirects me back to the cart, it's like I'm missing something. Could you connect and check again. Thank you in advance.

Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 15.56.57.png
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 15.54.15.png
March 25, 2024 at 7:25 am #15444906

vasils

Hello and good morning,

I've found the duplicate button. I've made the page duplicate I have overwritten the content with the original language, but for some reason now in the secondary (translated) language when I go to the checkout it redirects to the cart page, instead of the checkout. I'm not sure how to approach the issue.

On the original language it works normally.

Please assist

March 25, 2024 at 10:13 am #15445692

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Please finish the translation to Romanian in this link: hidden link

March 25, 2024 at 11:24 am #15445958

vasils

Please check the link again, It is now translated. Now the checkout goes to hidden link which is not found. I tried changing the checkout page from Woocommerce with Magazin Checkout 02 but I cannot find it shown there. Maybe there is a problem with the cartflows plugin?

March 25, 2024 at 12:46 pm #15446793

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I have checked again but now it seems that the translation got mixed up. Could you create a new Flow with a new Checkout step in the original language so we can start translating from scratch?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.