Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Mohammed 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Ahmed Mohammed.

Author Posts
April 25, 2023 at 10:40 pm #13537229

andreaB-8

In my site I've a EVENT (EVENTI) menu option

In English version open this

hidden link

But is missed, I need to open same link of italian

hidden link

but keeping site in EN version

I Mean that I've only Events in Italian... so I want to show this page to EN users (showing content in Italian) but without switch whole site to Italian mode.

Thanks!

April 26, 2023 at 5:08 pm #13543723

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Please check https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

April 27, 2023 at 9:32 pm #13553455

andreaB-8

Yes I seen this video but I don't understand how to apply to my site... can you do for me?? I don't want to broke structure now that finally is all OK!
Thanks!

April 28, 2023 at 3:33 pm #13558471

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi Andrea,

I see that you want to display the Italian events and calendar (created using The Events Calendar plugin) in the English version of your website.

We haven't tried this before. Do you have a staging/testing area for your website?

If not, please ask your hosting provider to provide you with one.

When you have the stating/testing area ready, please provide us with admin access to it.

You will find the needed fields below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private, meaning only you and I can see and access it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved, I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

- Please backup site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields, your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

May 2, 2023 at 9:53 am #13569537

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for providing the login details. I cloned the website so I can try this locally before applying the changes on the live version of your website.

As shown in the attached screenshot, the English calendar shows the events created in Italian.

To achieve this, I used the "Translatable – use translation if available or fallback to default language" for the Events post type and its taxonomies. The option is explained here: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/#how-to-display-untranslated-post-types-as-a-fallback.

To apply that on your live site, please go to WPML → Settings → Post Types Translation and set the post types as shown in screenshot 2.png.

Then, scroll down to Taxonomies Translation and set the custom taxonomies as shown in screenshot 3.png.

I understand you may be curious about why the changes were not made on the live version of your website. It was important to ensure that you had properly backed up your website files and database before implementing any changes. Once the backup process is complete, please feel free to proceed with the updates.

Hope that helps 🙂

3.png
2.png
20230502 at 12.47.42.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.