Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is encountering three unexpected strings in every post they want to translate, which are not part of the original post content.
Solution:
We identified that these strings originate from the Yoast SEO plugin settings. Each string is set per post/page within Yoast. If you're experiencing this issue, we recommend checking your Yoast SEO settings to manage or alter these strings as needed.

Please note that this solution might be outdated or not applicable to your specific case. We highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the issue persists, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assisted by: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 24, 2024 at 10:06 am #15666912

celia-reginaC

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I found in every post that I want to translate, first three strings/fields (see screenshoot). These 3 strings is not part of post and as I saw you, appears in every posts

Is there any documentation that you are following?
See screenshot

Is there a similar example that we can see?
See screenshoot

What is the link to your site?
braziliancurly.it

Shoot 2024-05-24 alle 11.56.09.jpg
May 24, 2024 at 10:11 am #15667022

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

They're coming from Yoast, so it's not really true they don't exist on the page.

Check Yoast settings if you want to change it.

May 24, 2024 at 10:21 am #15667093

celia-reginaC

Hi Laura, thanks so much for your fast reaction. I see the origin of string came from yoast, but I navigate in all yoast settings and I do not found these strings. have you any suggestion/hints ?
thanks so much

May 24, 2024 at 11:27 am #15667439

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

These would come form this section and are set per post/page.

seo data.jpg
Clipboard_05-24-2024_01.jpg
May 24, 2024 at 12:23 pm #15667725

celia-reginaC

Thanks Bruno, I understood. There is a way to change this field in every posts or I must do a SQL replacement in DB ?
Thanks

May 24, 2024 at 12:33 pm #15667802

celia-reginaC

Bruno I solved it. I run an update query on table xx_post_meta 🙂
Thanks
Sergio

May 24, 2024 at 12:39 pm #15667810

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Great to hear the issue is resolved, regards!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.