Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was unable to translate LearnPress Collections and include them in a Chinese menu.
Solution:
We recommended checking if the Collections post type is set as translatable. This can be done by following these steps:
1. Go to the WPML settings page.
2. Look for the section to enable custom post types for translation.
3. Ensure that the Collections post type is set to be translatable.
For detailed instructions, please refer to our documentation on translating custom post types.

If the solution provided here is not relevant to your case, either because it's outdated or it doesn't apply to your situation, we encourage you to open a new support ticket. We also highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.81 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
April 8, 2024 at 5:46 am #15492433

stephenH-20

I created several Collections in learnPress. And then created menu items to show collections in the frontend.

However, I was unable to translate those Collection and put in Chinese menu. Please help.

2024-04-08 13_45_21-Settings.png
2024-04-08 13_39_03-Settings.png
2024-04-08 13_38_53-.png
April 8, 2024 at 6:21 pm #15495787

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

Before this ticket gets assigned to one of my colleagues, I will try to help.

Can you please let us know if you have the premium version of LearnPress as it is mentioned on our site and on the LearnPress developer site and if you tried to follow the recommendations on those pages? I can see an existing plugin where there's "WPML" in the name but I am not sure if that's exactly the correct one.

- https://wpml.org/plugin/learnpress/

- hidden link

- hidden link

Also, please update the WPML plugins to the latest version, only after you first create a full website backup.

Thank you!

Mihai

April 9, 2024 at 3:42 am #15496461

stephenH-20

My question is not about bugs. If WPML supports LearnPress, there should be standard procedures to translate the Collections. Please let me know the answer.

April 9, 2024 at 12:20 pm #15499138

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

From your screenshot it would seem that Collections post type is not set as translatable. Can you check this?
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-posts/#enable-custom-post-types-for-translation

April 12, 2024 at 3:50 am #15511214

stephenH-20

good

stephenH-20 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-04-12 03:50:21.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.