Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.18 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
August 4, 2023 at 2:15 pm #14155417

Marcel Elbers

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to change the translated link of the post.
Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
this is the original link:hidden link
this is the translated link: hidden link

we want to change the translated link into: hidden link

However the post link is not shown with the automatic translation.

August 6, 2023 at 6:15 pm #14160519

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support. Sorry for the delay in responding due to the weekend.

I understood what you're looking for. Please follow the steps mentioned below and I hope it will help.

1. Go to WPML → Settings. Scroll to "Translated documents options".
2. Under Page URL, choose the Translate option. Click Save.
[Check this documentation for a better understanding: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-page-slugs/#sending-post-or-page-slugs-to-translators ]
3. After that, open the original post(post in the English language) in WordPress Editor and make a small change in the title(add any character) and save the changes.
4. Once you save the changes, you'll notice a translation update icon under the language meta section(screenshot: hidden link). Click on that icon.
5. On the Translation editor, you'll see the field to enter the slug for translated page or post. Add the slug as per your needs.

Please let me know if that helps or if you need further assistance. I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.