Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Alejandro.

Author Posts
May 4, 2022 at 6:15 am #11146551

jamesW-8

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hi, I'm having a lot of trouble using automated translations.
I sent about 60 articles to be translated and only 18 were published, the others remained in a "Waiting for translator" status (they were sent more than 48 hours ago). The credits were consumed.

Things I have tried:
Press Take and Translate in WPML > Translations and nothing happens, no reload, no hyperlink and no interactive action.

In Translation Management > Jobs it is possible to see the ones that were completed and the ones that were stuck in "Waiting for translator". There I tried to assign a translator and the message "No route was found matching the URL and request method" appears. (Picture 2)
(Also Bulk Action > Get Translation but nothing happened).

Finally, if I go to the original article, I can see that the translation was made but it is not published. I can access the ATE and the translation actually appears, I click complete and it sends me to the original article with a loading icon on the desired language. It doesn't go beyond there.

If I go to the Automatic Translations tab, all of them appear with the status done, but not all of them are published.

(I sent another 4 articles one by one to another language and following the same steps and the same thing happened, only 2 articles were published and 3 were not, I cannot find the variables that are causing this, they seem random to me, I would appreciate any guidance, greetings.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/
https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/automatically-translating-multiple-translation-jobs-in-bulk/

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

2022-05-04_00-52-47.jpg
2022-05-04_01-00-55.jpg
2022-05-04_01-05-48.jpg
May 4, 2022 at 3:47 pm #11153045

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

Please try to follow these steps:

1) Disable the "Query Monitor" plugin
2) Try the following: https://wpml.org/faq/translation-status-stuck-or-displaying-the-error-wpml-didnt-manage-to-translate-this-page/
3) Wait a few minutes.
3) Go to WPML > Settings > Advanced Translation editor > Error Log if the page still hasn't appeared as completed by then and send me a screenshot of the last 4 entries you see in that page so i can better understand what to do.

May 5, 2022 at 3:42 am #11155783

jamesW-8

Hey Alejandro, thanks for the help.
I did step one and nothing happened.
If I do step two that you suggest, I lose the automatic translation for which I had already paid. I don't think it's a good solution to pay for them again. :/

"If you use Translate Some mode, go to WPML → Translation Management and click the Jobs tab. Cancel the stuck jobs. Then, edit the page or post that was stuck and make a small change to the title. Save the change and submit the page or post for translation again."

2022-05-04_22-40-38.jpg
2022-05-04_22-40-24.jpg
May 5, 2022 at 1:13 pm #11159761

Alejandro
Supporter

Would it be possible to have a few pages as a reference and access to the site so i can try to check what's going on? if we have to use credits, i'll refund them.

You can use the credential fields i have enabled for your next answer in case it's possible.

May 7, 2022 at 10:14 am #11172683

Alejandro
Supporter

I can't access the site because first it asks me to connect through gmail. when i do so it tells me my username doesn't exist.

When i add your credentials, it tells me the user doesn't exist either.

-------------------

Could you try to translate one page again but this time after you have enabled a debug.log:

Please follow the instructions mentioned on this page to enable it: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Try to recreate the problem once you have added those lines to your wp-config.php file and then go to your installation's wp-content folder and find the "debug.log" file that should've appeared by now (it will appear if it enocunters an error in your server).

Then, upload that file into a storage platform of your choosing (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc) and send me the link (make sure it's set as "public" otherwise i won't be able to access its content) so i can download it and take a look at it, and determine where to go from there.

----------------------------

Then, double check the credentials (URL and user/pass) and let me know if i can access now.

May 7, 2022 at 1:34 pm #11173045

Alejandro
Supporter

The problem you're having is that a few of your plugins have a lot of deprecated code and that is messing with the timing of the procedures, making them timeout (some requests end-up failing because of this).

That's the reason of the "internal server error", they are not caused by us.

the elements i saw had issues were:

- Redux Framework plugin
- php-code-widget
- "scotch" Theme

These issues don't "break" the site but they take too many resources and don't return what they need to which in turn send incomplete information to the other plugins when they request it. WPML is among those plugins and they end up timing out and creating an error (i.e: not returning the correct content).

I'd suggest that you check if there are updates for the plugins you have installed and update them.

Then please take a backup of your site and:

- Go to WPML > Settings > Troubleshooting and check: Clear language information and repopulate languages

NOTE: this will erase all customizations done to the languages so you might have to re-customize them afterwards.

- Also press the following buttons in the same page:

• "Clear the cache in WPML"
• "Remove ghost entries from the translation tables"
• "Synchronize local job ids with ATE jobs"
• "Fix element_type collation"
• "Set language information"
• "Fix post type assignment for translations"

Regards.

May 8, 2022 at 7:02 am #11174891

jamesW-8

We will check the recommendations but hey, please do not activate or move anything without our authorization or try to leave things as they were originally. This appeared on the front side of our blog. It has already been fixed, but it is not desirable for this to happen again. Thanks in advance.

bd04df9c-79ce-4d8a-99cb-611f69f603ea.jpeg
May 9, 2022 at 3:13 pm #11182947

Alejandro
Supporter

I thought it was you who made those changes since that's the debug log's DISPLAY setting and when i went to activate the debug log (without the display setting active as we usually do), it was already defined and active.

Please check the recommendations and let me know how it goes.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.