Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.23 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 29 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Alejandro.

Author Posts
November 7, 2022 at 10:38 am #12397811

jacekZ-5

Tell us what you are trying to do?

We want to see how many credits we have left in WP Admin Panel by going to WPML -> Translation Management -> Automatic Translations. However, it shows that we have only 0 credits left, whereas on WPML we have ~60000. This is the second time it happens to us.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Yes, your docs + support channel

Is there a similar example that we can see?

Not sure

What is the link to your site?

future-code.dev

November 9, 2022 at 8:08 am #12417113

jacekZ-5

Please respond to our issue ASAP. We have content to be translated this week and we are blocked.

November 10, 2022 at 7:21 am #12426369

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you assign credits to that URL like this?
https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/how-to-assign-automatic-translation-credits-to-your-sites/

If still not showing after you assigned these, can you:
1) unregister the site key for that URL, so like this:
https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#register-development-sites
2) and then register a key like this: hidden link

Let us know if it helped!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

November 10, 2022 at 7:26 am #12426423

jacekZ-5

@bruno Kos

Of course we assigned them like this for the first time. Please also refer to similar issue we had already.

Would you be able to set those credits properly like last time?

November 11, 2022 at 8:50 am #12437269

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello there!

I understand what the problem is and it's something we're working on to improve but in order to have this sorted you need to follow this procedure.

First unregister your WPML license from your site and delete the domain from WPML.org: https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#unregister

then register it again: https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#register.

You can do this after every migration ONLY if you also notice that the credits sent from WPML.org NEVER arrive to your website (which i know is not the case here, but i's just a heads up), so i'd suggest you do it just to make sure things are alright!

I have fixed the problem on our side so you should see the credits now, but there's definitely something weird going on.

--------------------

In order to send the case to our developers i'd like to know your procedure for the migration. can you please write a step-by-step reply where you explain to me how you migrated your site so i can then send the info to our developers?

Thanks in advance!

November 15, 2022 at 9:35 am #12460909

jacekZ-5

Please address ASAP!!!

We currently do not have credits (60000) on BOTH website and WPML!!!

November 15, 2022 at 3:58 pm #12465269

Alejandro
Supporter

I left you a message above, before your message, please check it out and do as i suggest.

Then answer me the questions i asked there so i can understand how to continue. we will have this solved but i need you to read my messages and let me know how it goes so i can properly guide you towards a solution.

Regards.

November 16, 2022 at 12:58 pm #12473035

jacekZ-5

Hello, as I recall, we just used same key after installing WPML on the new website. We wanted to perform migration as you mentioned (deregister webpage -> register new one -> transfer credits), but we are in the point where:
1. No credits are assigned to our page
2. No credits possible to transfer back to WPML
3. We cannot transfer any credits back since it tells us to do so from WordPress admin - and it displays 0 credits.

I didn't know how to respond to your message since we are stuck with any action here - the migration was done by an outside dev, on both ends we have 0 credits as of today even if before submitting a ticket it was 60000 credits. We also have no translations from that period of time on our end in the translation history.

November 16, 2022 at 4:18 pm #12475145

Alejandro
Supporter

I believe i managed to found the WPML.org account associated to one of your sites so i could add 100.000 credits to the account.

Can you check if you have them under your WPML.org account? then follow my suggestion and then let me know if it worked.

Regards.

November 18, 2022 at 8:27 am #12487705

jacekZ-5

Unfortunately, we have only 10k credits, which is less than was before (60k). Once we get the correct amount we would try unlink -> link the domain.

November 18, 2022 at 3:27 pm #12491325

Alejandro
Supporter

Sorry about that, i mistakenly left out a zero (i meant to add 100.000 not 10k or 60k).

Please proceed and let me know how it goes.

November 18, 2022 at 4:52 pm #12491899

jacekZ-5

We did as you mentioned - while trying to transfer credits, we got "Something went wrong" on the wpml.org side.

November 18, 2022 at 8:05 pm #12492891

Alejandro
Supporter

Can you please confirm you deleted the domain from thewpml.org account and not only in the website? Because the error you are mentioning happens when you only registered the site again WITHOUT deleting the site from your WPML.org registered sites.

Please let me know.

November 20, 2022 at 6:55 pm #12499749

jacekZ-5

Hi - yes, we deleted it on both ends, it is the new API key

November 21, 2022 at 10:25 am #12502807

Alejandro
Supporter

To continue, I'll need temporary access to your site.

I have just activated the appropriate boxes for the credential information i need from you. they are private so only you and i will be able to see them.

I suggest you create a temporary user, set it as an administrator and then add those credentials in the fields mentioned above.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.