Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
December 19, 2022 at 1:11 pm #12676785

patagonialandU

I need to Translate Divi pages independently to Portuguese.
All the site is in english, but the translation will not be an exact copy, since some sections need to be deleted and not included at all in translations.
I tried to duplicate for translation and then translate independently, but then when trying to edit the portuguese version in Divi builder I am re-directed to the frontend inn english and cannot edit translation.
Can you help me get the settings right so I can translate this?

December 19, 2022 at 1:27 pm #12676919

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

This ticket has been inactive for quite a while. I didn't get a reply from you. So I've transformed this chat into a support ticket because you may still need help from us. If you do, please reply to this ticket, and one of our supporters will continue helping you.

Can you please confirm that you follow our guide here?

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

Regards,
Itamar.

December 20, 2022 at 5:21 pm #12686187

patagonialandU

So I figured out what as wrong. I had PT hidden to users so it was also hidden from me and could not edit PT versions.
But now I keep loosing translations in Divi Builder.
I thought WPML was fully compatible with Divi. Is it not?

I also saw this here and used to second work around but it is not working at all: https://wpml.org/errata/page-builders-translated-content-is-overwritten-with-the-original-when-updating-the-original-post/

The minute I enter the page not in Divi builder mode to edit SEO for the page or something else, I loose translations.

How can I avoid loosing translations?

December 21, 2022 at 6:43 am #12689293

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you on this issue.

Please follow some steps below and let me know if it works on your site.
1. Add the following code to your wp-config.php file and save the change.

define( 'WPML_TRANSLATION_AUTO_UPDATE_ENABLED', false );

2. Deactivate WPML plugins for a while and re-activate them.

3. Go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > Click on some buttons:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Fix post type assignment for translations

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: 
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

December 21, 2022 at 3:42 pm #12694019

patagonialandU

Sorry, but did not work.
Number 1 I had already done(1. Add the following code to your wp-config.php file and save the change.)

Did everything as you said and then I only did this:
WPML » Settings » Translate Link Targets » clicked the button "Scan now and adjust links"

In the Homepage all translations were lost except for page title and SEO fields.
I have no idea what might be happening, but I cannot edit anything without loosing some translation.

Now everything is translated (I think nothing has been lost so far after my latest translations). How can you help me find the problem so I can continue editing the site without this happening?

December 22, 2022 at 2:13 am #12696213

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: 
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Thanks

December 23, 2022 at 1:08 am #12703539

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

I can login to your site and see that you are using WordPress editor then I make some small changes to the content of the homepage with Divi builder in both original language and translation, and the SEO description but do not see any issue. The content of the translation is still there, please see my screenshots
hidden link
hidden link

Am I understanding the issue correctly? Or did you do something different on your side?

Thanks

December 23, 2022 at 7:04 am #12704795

patagonialandU

Hi,
Like I said I have no idea what is happening, but sometimes a lot of things get lost.
I am on vacation today until december 26th, but I will get back to this on monday (the 26th) to test some more and see if I can do some changes like you just did without loosing translations.

For now I wish a Merry Christmas and thank you so much for all your attention and care on this strange problem.
I will get back to you very soon.
Thank you.

December 26, 2022 at 1:50 am #12711707

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I'm waiting for your feedback.

Thanks.

December 26, 2022 at 10:54 am #12713135

patagonialandU

Just to let you know That I have tried to change SEO fields for a couple of pages in English and Portuguese and no translations were lost 🙂
Problem seems to be solved.
I have no idea what happened before, But now it seems to be working fine.
The plugins you installed, will you remove them? Or should I.
Many thanks for you patience, and a Merry Christmas and Holiday Season.

December 27, 2022 at 2:20 am #12715451

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

I've removed them from your site. You may consider this thread resolved and take your time and can always open a new ticket whenever needed.

Regards.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.