Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
August 2, 2023 at 9:41 pm #14144975

joshuaA-9

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Stop main menu from disappearing when switching from default language of English to spanish

I do not want to build a spanish version of my main mennu is there anyway I can stop this behavior without buliding a spanish version of my main menu?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link
This site is a memberpress site and the above link is protected content - lmk how to send you seculy login details and I can send you a login to view it if needed

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Image-2023-08-02 12_50_35.png
Image-2023-08-02 12_50_43.png
August 3, 2023 at 7:41 pm #14151623

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum!

This is the expected behavior, I'm afraid. The secondary language menu will only display translated items, even if the post types used in the menu are set to "Translatable – use translation if available or fallback to default language".

Please check it here for more details: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/. As stated in the errata page:

For all of the following options, your secondary language menu will only display translated items. This is the case even if the post types used in the menu are set as Translatable – use translation if available or fallback to default language.

Therefore, for making those items that are not translated appear in the second language menu, I suggest duplicating them to the secondary languages at bulk: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/#duplicating-content.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
Mateus.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.