Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 42 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 22, 2023 at 2:22 pm #14447465

muhammadO-2

this is the query generating many times.

SELECT wpml_translations.translation_id, wpml_translations.element_id, wpml_translations.language_code, wpml_translations.source_language_code, wpml_translations.trid, wpml_translations.element_type
FROM wp_icl_translations wpml_translations
JOIN wp_posts p
ON wpml_translations.element_id = p.ID
AND wpml_translations.element_type = CONCAT('post_', p.post_type)
JOIN wp_icl_translations tridt
ON tridt.element_type = wpml_translations.element_type
AND tridt.trid = wpml_translations.trid
WHERE tridt.trid = (SELECT trid FROM wp_icl_translations wpml_translations
JOIN wp_posts p
AND wpml_translations.element_type = CONCAT('post_', p.post_type) WHERE element_id = 2681183 LIMIT 1)

September 24, 2023 at 7:03 am #14451621

muhammadO-2

Still looking forward for your response because my website facing issues need your assistance

September 25, 2023 at 5:38 am #14454359

muhammadO-2

Please let me know what is going!

September 26, 2023 at 8:22 am #14464259

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Are WPML and its add-ons updated to their latest versions on your site?
If not, please update our plugins and check if the problem persists. Please check the following guide on updating WPML.

https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#checking-for-updates

If you need further help, please share your site's Debug information.

You can read about it here.

http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Regards,
Itamar.

September 26, 2023 at 10:04 am #14465657

muhammadO-2

It's been a while, but thank you for the response.

Let me try to explain the situation further. Whenever I activate the WPML plugin, my database starts processing consecutive queries that I will share at the end of this reply. I have also verified that the plugin and its dependencies are up to date.

Please update as soon as possible with your findings regarding the queries.

SELECT wpml_translations.translation_id, wpml_translations.element_id, wpml_translations.language_code, wpml_translations.source_language_code, wpml_translations.trid, wpml_translations.element_type
FROM wp_icl_translations wpml_translations
JOIN wp_posts p
AND wpml_translations.element_type = CONCAT('post_', p.post_type)
JOIN wp_icl_translations tridt
ON tridt.element_type = wpml_translations.element_type
AND tridt.trid = wpml_translations.trid
WHERE tridt.trid = (SELECT trid FROM wp_icl_translations wpml_translations
JOIN wp_posts p
AND wpml_translations.element_type = CONCAT('post_', p.post_type) WHERE element_id = 95081 LIMIT 1)

September 26, 2023 at 11:58 am #14466669

Itamar
Supporter

Thanks for elaborating on the issue.

I'm consulting our second-tier supporters regarding this issue. When I have their answer, I'll update you here. Meanwhile, could you please share with me access to your site?

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the following reply.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/
**IMPORTANT**
- - Please backup the site files and database before providing us access. --
-- If you have a staging site where the problem can be reproduced, it is better to share access to the staging site.--

September 26, 2023 at 2:32 pm #14467805

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

Our second-tier supporter suggests installing the Query Monitor and trying to trace what causes this query. We have a guide on working with the Query Monitor plugin. Please see it here.

https://wpml.org/tutorials/2019/10/analyze-performance-issues-with-query-monitor/

Please let me know if this is something you are able to proceed with.

Our second-tier supporter also asks if the ID for each query is always the same or different.
Can you please provide this information?
(I can see different IDs for the two queries you shared.)

September 26, 2023 at 2:56 pm #14467981

muhammadO-2

Hey,

We can't share access of our business site due to to our policy either we can help you to dig the issue. The IDs may vary but the query remain same.

I am sharing you the log, find attachment

September 26, 2023 at 3:00 pm #14468007

muhammadO-2

Here are the queries.

Please note that we have blocked access to wp-admin and restricted post or translation creation. Instead, we are receiving this query.

hidden link

September 27, 2023 at 7:13 am #14470637

Itamar
Supporter

Hey, and thanks for this further information.

I shared it with our second-tier supporters and awaiting their reply. I'll update you here once I get the answer.

September 27, 2023 at 8:47 am #14471667

muhammadO-2

It will be great if you Speed up this process because, as you know, our production website experiencing huge load because of these queries, and these queries are generated from your WPML plugin kindly check it and resolve it as soon as possible.

Looking forward for your valuable response.

September 27, 2023 at 9:31 am #14472179

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

Our second-tier supporter has escalated this issue to our developers with a higher priority. I'll keep you updated here once I have news regarding this issue.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

September 27, 2023 at 3:51 pm #14475807

muhammadO-2

Still waiting for your response and our site undergoing with huge stress because of this query it will be great if you can provide us the solution?

September 28, 2023 at 6:53 am #14478707

muhammadO-2

Any update on this ticket because our website is going on lots of stress because of these issues please try to understand and solve it as soon as possible thanks

September 28, 2023 at 8:21 am #14479647

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused to you by this issue.

We suspect this issue is related to another issue our system team had discovered. But, at this point, we can't tell for sure if it is the same issue.

Previously, you wrote:

We can't share access of our business site due to to our policy either we can help you to dig the issue.

I understand this.
Can you share with us a copy of your site?
I understand that you have concerns about the privacy of information of users or other sensitive information on your site. For this, please read our Privacy Policy and GDPR Compliance page here.

https://wpml.org/documentation/privacy-policy-and-gdpr-compliance/#data-shared-with-our-support

You can remove any personal information from the database before sharing a copy of your site with us. We explain how to do it here.

https://wpml.org/documentation/privacy-policy-and-gdpr-compliance/how-to-remove-personal-information-from-your-database-for-support/

For this, I'm enabling a private message to the next reply.

If this is still not possible from your side, I want to remind you, as I mentioned before, that you can help us by debugging this issue with the Query Monitor plugin. This may give us a better idea of the initiator of those queries. You can read how to use this plugin here.

https://wpml.org/tutorials/2019/10/analyze-performance-issues-with-query-monitor/

In any case, please know that your case has the attention of our support manager and product manager. I'll keep you updated here on any news regarding this issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.