Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is trying to translate a page independently using WPML with Oxygen Builder. After translating the page and saving the main language (Indonesian) page, the content of the secondary language (English) page gets replaced with the content from the main language page.
Solution:
We have identified that the 'Translate independently' option does not work properly with Oxygen Builder due to compatibility issues. To resolve this, follow these steps:
1. Access the page in the original language.
2. Click on 'WordPress Editor' in the sidebar on the right.
3. If the page is not yet translated, manually copy the content from the original page.
We recommend reading our documentation on Oxygen Builder compatibility for detailed guidance.

If this solution does not seem relevant to your issue, please open a new support ticket with us for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lucas Vidal de Andrade 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Lucas Vidal de Andrade.

Author Posts
November 30, 2023 at 7:37 am #14958769

veeco

I am trying to: Translate page independently

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: whole website

I expected to see: Each page have different content

Instead, I got: the main language's content is duplicated to the secondary language content.

Saving the main language's page will replace the secondary language page's content with the main one despite clicking "translate independently"

Note : Main languange is ID (indonesian), EN (english) is secondary language
Plugins used : Oxygen

Hello, i'm having trouble with WPML in my website
1. Open the "Kebijakan Privasi" page (privacy policy page in ID)
2. Click on duplicate to create a translation page for it
3. Click on "translate independently"
4. Fill the content on the EN page and save
5. Check on front end and its working fine
6. Open the ID page and save it
7. the EN page's content now are replaced with the ID's page content

Youtube video for the bug : hidden link

tl;dr: (ID= Indonesian [Main Language], EN= English [Secondary Language])
1. Duplicate ID page through WPML to create the EN page for it
2. Translate Independently
3. Edit the EN content and save
4. Check frontend and it works fine
5. Open the ID page and save
6. Now the EN page's content are replaced with ID's content

P.S : this problem also happened to other website that are using oxygen and WPML (same issue, saving the main language's page will duplicate the content to the secondary language page content)

November 30, 2023 at 5:27 pm #14965727

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the video, it helped to understand your issue. I've also noticed that you had a similar issue recently, on other ticket. From my understanding, it's the same issue and the solution would be the same. Basically, the "Translate independently" option doesn't work properly with the Oxygen Builder, due to the tool's incompatibility with WPML. The solution here is to access the desired page in its original language and click on "WordPress Editor" on the sidebar, on the right. If the page is not yet translated, you can copy the content from the original page. I recommend you read this documentation thoroughly, as it shows the exact solution to your problem:

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/oxygen-visual-builder/

Please tell me how it goes and if it solves your issue.

Best regards,
Lucas Vidal

December 1, 2023 at 7:59 am #14969609

veeco

Hello

thanks, its somewhat work, but sometimes it doesnt work too (it still replace the secondary language's content)

i do notice that having multiple tabs opened for oxygen (just like in vids where i opened both page's oxygen) and saving the content / or saving the content without changing anything DOES replace the secondary language's content

it needs further testing, but i think this is worth looking into (and probably add warning to the guide/documentation page)

Thanks

veeco confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-12-01 07:59:42.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.