Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by avarezhnikova@gmail.com 1 year ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
April 14, 2023 at 10:33 am #13472879

avarezhnikova@gmail.com

We have a custom payment method programmed in WooCommerce. This method is displayed in Woocommerce settings. It is shown (and works properly) in initial version of the website checkout. But is not shown (an does not work) in translated one. What should be done to make work? Without this working, all our effort to translate the website with WPML are in vain.

Plugin "WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency" is installed and activated. But I am not sure it is setup properly.

Payment methods settings.png
translated checkout.png
initial checkout.png
April 17, 2023 at 8:16 am #13484959

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for contacting us.

Difficult to say from our side what might be wrong since it is a custom code and usually we do not support or debug custom-coded solutions as per our policy.

But in this case, maybe we can have a look and try to see what could be wrong.

I created a minimal installation of WordPress, WPML, and all necessary WPML add-ons.

You can access the WordPress dashboard using the link below:
- hidden link

Kindly follow the steps below:
- Set up WPML and WooCommerce
- Install only your plugin
- Try to replicate the issue in a simple dummy example.
- Share with me step by step guide on how can I check the issue

Regards,
Drazen

April 20, 2023 at 8:45 am #13509659

avarezhnikova@gmail.com

Thanks, I need some time. I am not a developer and it is not just one plugin file. It is build on two plugins (Woocommerce Rewards and YITH Points) + custom code in the child-theme. The developer of all this is gone.

Can you explain how wpml handles translation of standard woocommerce check out page. What file is responsible for this? Specifically payment options. So that we could look at it.

April 20, 2023 at 9:26 am #13510123

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

In such cases of custom code/plugin, the best we can do from our side is help with any doubts or questions you have about WPML.

We recommend using WPML Contractors services for custom code issues:

- https://wpml.org/contractors/

When working with WPML and WC, you create a separate page for each language, containing the WC checkout shortcode. Then what WPML does is loads different string translations added manually or via default WC translation files.

The file responsible for handling the translation of text strings on WooCommerce checkout pages is woocommerce.php, which is located in the wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/i18n/languages/ directory. This file contains all the text strings that appear on the WooCommerce checkout pages, including the payment options.

As for payment gateways, they appear by default in both languages, only reason why it wouldn't show could be if some country restrictions are set from a payment gateway / WC or WCML multi-currency settings not supporting this gateway. You can try disabling multicurrency settings if enabled. Some payment gateways may require you to set up separate accounts for each language version of your site.

Related docs:
- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/
- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/#setting-up-payment-gateways-for-each-currency
- https://wpml.org/announcements/2020/08/wcml-4-10-currencies-and-payment-options-based-on-location/

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Drazen

April 20, 2023 at 10:14 am #13510589

avarezhnikova@gmail.com

I hope this will help. Anyway we need time to get through it. So I close the issue. If I have more questions, i will add a new one.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.