Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was unable to see translations for a specific widget in the language switcher, despite having translated the widget and other content. The widget content was only displaying in Greek, regardless of the selected language.
Solution:
We suggested several steps to resolve the issue:
1. Ensure that translations are not saved in 'Draft' mode and apply any pending translation reviews in bulk via WPML > Translations.
2. Assign the widgets to 'All languages' and use WPML > String Translation to translate them. More details can be found here: Translating Widgets Using String Translation
3. Increase the WordPress memory limit to at least 256MB by adding the following code to the wp-config.php file:

define ('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

This code should be placed just before the comment:

// That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging.

4. After increasing the memory limit, save the widget settings again and check if the issue is resolved.

If these steps do not resolve the issue or if the solution becomes outdated, we recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 28 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nicolas Viallet 5 days, 18 hours ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 14, 2024 at 6:15 pm #15741066

Agathon

<b>Background of the issue: </b>
My page translated and corresponding widgets translated hidden link but in Language switcher in drop down no other languages are NOT displayed hidden link

<b>Symptoms: </b>
Language switcher in drop down does not display other languages.

<b>Questions: </b>
Why is the language switcher not displaying other languages on my site hidden link?
How can I fix the issue with the language switcher not showing other languages despite translating the page and widgets?

June 14, 2024 at 7:42 pm #15741196

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Could it be that your translations were completed but are still saved in "Draft" mode?

If you use "Translate Everything Automatically" please revise if there are reviews available at WPML > Translations.

You can also apply those reviews in bulk by marking all jobs and using the "Bulk options" dropdown options.

It would also be very helpful if you could send us the WPML information for troubleshooting.
More information about this here:
https://wpml.org/de/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Best regards
Andreas

June 17, 2024 at 12:16 pm #15745186

Agathon

Hello,
Thanks for reply.

I've chosen to translate my website manually hidden link although i have credits i am afraid to use them not to change any part of my website without my permission or to charge me parts of translation of any demo content.

This page of my website which is not display other language in dropdown is a part of widgets loading in it hidden link hidden link
I've transleted this entired page in al widgets hidden link but i see only Greek language in language swticher.

Am i missing something from settings or wpml configuration?

Regards
Agathon

June 18, 2024 at 3:09 pm #15749711

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Did you already try to assign the widgets to "All languages" and translate it with WPML > String Translation?

Guide: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/#translating-widgets-using-string-translation

Does this only occur, if the [accordion] shortcode is used?

Which plugin is responsible for this shortcode? If this shortcode is based on custom code from your custom theme, please provide me with a code example of how this shortcode is constructed.

I can further offer a WPML test site on which you could recreate the issue for further investigation.

Best regards
Andreas

June 18, 2024 at 3:11 pm #15749719

Andreas W.
Supporter

Additional to my last message:

Before taking any steps:

Could you please increase the WordPress memory limit (WP Memory Limit) to at least 256MB? WPML requires a minimum of 128M.

Your current values ​​are:

PHP Memory Limit 384M

WP Memory Limit 40M

You need to connect to your website's server and open the wp-config.php file in a text editor. The file is located in the WordPress root directory.

Add this code to the wp-config.php file to increase WordPress memory:

Add this just before this comment:

// That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging.

You can see the current values ​​under WPML > Support > WordPress.

These settings can be restricted directly by your hosting provider. Therefore, I recommend contacting them and asking them to change them directly if the changes are not adopted immediately.

Now, once the limit is set, save your widgets settings page again and revise if this solved the issue.

June 18, 2024 at 6:45 pm #15750652

Agathon

Hello,
Memory limit increased following your instructions hidden link

Regarding "Did you already try to assign the widgets to "All languages""

If you check this ticket https://wpml.org/forums/topic/home-page-layout-no-loading-content-after-installing-plugin/ your colleague told me to translate all wigdets in each language save them and then translate corresponding page in wordpress in all languages to display them in language switcher.

Pe Short info is widget of Theme but the other is Custom html widget default WordPress plugn i think so hidden link

You guide me to translate from String Translation "Did you already try to assign the widgets to "All languages" and translate it with WPML > String Translation?" but the rest of website translated with the same way widget one by one for each language.

Please help me out how we can resolve this issue with Language swticher drop down.

Thank you
Regards
Agathon

June 18, 2024 at 7:37 pm #15750784

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

For further testing, could you please install your theme on the following test site?

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

To install the theme, you can download the theme from your site, compress it into a .zip archive, and then install it in WordPress.

As an alternative, you could also upload it to /wp-content/themes using the File Manager plugin.

Leave me a message on this ticket once the theme is installed.

Best regards
Andreas

June 19, 2024 at 8:45 am #15754104

Andreas W.
Supporter

I see your widgets use display conditions and even have their own language filters. This might be the reason why the translation is not working.

I would not like to make any changes or tests on your live site.

Please install your theme on the following test site:

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Please try to recreate the issue on this test site. Do not migrate your whole website to this test site.

Leave me a message on this ticket once you are done with this task.

June 19, 2024 at 9:05 am #15754294

Agathon

I 've installed theme and then i reset database to import demo content like my website installation. Now i cannot login in admin

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

June 19, 2024 at 9:30 am #15754454

Andreas W.
Supporter

Please do not make any changes to the databases of our test sites.

Here is a link for a new test site:
hidden link

Please only install the theme and leave me a comment on this ticket once it is done.

June 19, 2024 at 9:38 am #15754515

Agathon

I 've installed and activated Pe Eco energy theme in your last test website.

June 19, 2024 at 10:32 am #15754824

Andreas W.
Supporter

Additional plugins are used for the widgets:

It looks as if the "PE Eco Energy" plugin is needed.

Also, it looks to me as if the issue here might be related to "Pixelemu Display Widgets". Does the issue disappear if you disable this plugin?

Please install the necessary plugins responsible for the widgets and drop me a comment on this ticket once you are done with this task.

June 19, 2024 at 10:46 am #15755008

Agathon

I 've installed all provided with Theme required and recommended plugins.
Pixelemu Display Widgets is necessary for webiste and it is enabled hidden link
If i will disable it may be my website will break in many pages because is responsible to show widgets to choosen pages.

Regards
Agathon

June 19, 2024 at 12:03 pm #15755527

Andreas W.
Supporter

Please verify my widget settings on the test site.

I am using one widget for both languages and translated it with String Translations and this seems to work as expected, but I needed to search some strings first at WPML > String Translation > Translate texts in admins screens.

Using one widget per language shows translations on my test but leads to the unexpected result, that the widgets are displayed twice. This is why I can not recommend this method and you should report this to the theme author.

Instead, please use one widget for both languages, assign the widget to both languages and translate it with WPML > String Translation.

Guide:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/#translate-admin-and-settings-strings

June 19, 2024 at 2:26 pm #15756409

Agathon

Did you login as administrator in my live website to check it?

The entire website is developed in that way with widgets translated in each language
Please check previous ticket of your colleague https://wpml.org/forums/topic/home-page-layout-no-loading-content-after-installing-plugin/

I 've tried also to display widget in all languages and translated in String translation hidden link and in widget area hidden link but with no sucess.

Everything i 've tried cannot solve this issue with language switcher in other languages.

The only difference with this page hidden link in compare with other pages is that is a hidden link, it is not displayed in menu. I don't know if that effects this issue with language switcher.

Regards
Agathon

Agathon confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-25 16:10:28.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.