Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Alejandro.

Author Posts
May 22, 2023 at 1:34 pm #13690393

hagenD

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I'm trying to translate my EN page to Bosnian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmal, Polish, Portugese (Portugal & Brazil), Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish & Swedish.

I started it on Saturday & since then it only shows, that the translation is running but nothing has changed yet. It's shown, that credits are going to be used (pay-as-you-go-credits).
The page is not shown in my WPML account as well. How can I solve this issue to process the translation?

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

Screenshot 2023-05-22 153327.png
May 22, 2023 at 1:35 pm #13690445

hagenD

On the page itself is no "button" shown to switch between the configurated languages.

May 22, 2023 at 4:29 pm #13692777

hagenD

i did the following:
copied my current site auramonaco.de and mygirated it to beamlight-lashes.com/wordpress by using Migrate Guru.

I was then asked by WPML if my site was moved to a new domain or if this is a copy. i chose copy.

the site is not registered on wpml.org and i don't see any possibility to do so.

translations are stuck at 0%, pay-as-you-go was chosen, credit card data entered.

it's showing 92 translations in queue, nothing is happening.

May 22, 2023 at 4:29 pm #13692779

hagenD

i already removed croatian, bosnian and norwegian as languages. does not change anything.

May 23, 2023 at 9:30 am #13696401

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

1) Let's start by meeting WPML's minimum requirements:

Please add the following code in your wp-config.php file, right after the database information lines of code:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT','256M');

2) Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting and press the following buttons:
• "Clear the cache in WPML"
• "Remove ghost entries from the translation tables"
• "Fix element_type collation"
• "Set language information"
• "Fix post type assignment for translations"

3) It's very likely that the system is stuck because it's still reading if there are more pages to consider since it seems you have selected "translate everything".

i wouldn't recommend you do that before you know that the payment you're going to get for them could be bigger than you expected.

We have a calculator that can help you more or less understand how much you're going to pay here: https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/automatic-translation-pricing/#how-automatic-translation-works-lnk

If that's ok by you and it fits your budget, then we can continue using this mode, otherwise i'd suggest you go to WPML > Settings and swith to "translate what you choose" so you can start small, check the translations, maybe translate in 1 language first and have more control over what you translate.

You can still translate in bulk but it will be under your decision.

-------------------

Let me know how you want to continue so i can understand what to do next and what to suggest 🙂

May 24, 2023 at 2:15 pm #13708561

Alejandro
Supporter

Hm, ok, if you use "translate everything" mode, the jobs are cancelled automatically, so could it be you were using "translate what you choose" in the past before that or tried to send them again with this one, instead?

Anyways, i cancelled them for you so you can try again. try with "translate what you choose" for now and make sure you check if they finish now.

I also saw you were about to hit the first time limit (when you reach 195.000 for the first time) so you'll have to pay a one time fee of 100usd to continue and will be used later during the billing cycle (June 3rd on your case) and discount the first 195000 credits from your total usage.

Try it out first with one or 2 languages and let me know how it goes.

May 24, 2023 at 3:33 pm #13709489

hagenD

i tried to manually buy credits. but there is no option.

the site is not listed on wpml.org and i don't see any option to register it.

May 24, 2023 at 5:38 pm #13710505

hagenD

i was able to connect the site to the account via the connection phrase.

it still doesn't appear on wpml.org, but ok.

it has 25k credits + now again pay-as-you-go activated.

so i choose the sites, put them into the basket. then i try to translate them.

it says "Preparing your content for translation" and then on 100% nothing happens.

some sites were translated, most not.

see attached screenshots

problem.jpg
problem2.jpg
May 25, 2023 at 7:11 am #13712531

Alejandro
Supporter

Ok, let's see. i see you're sending tons of jobs to translate. remember that if you have 10 languages, each page will become 10 jobs, so if you send 10 pages you'll get 100 jobs.

I had asked you to try with only one page, exactly because of this.

May i have permission to cancel these jobs and try with only one page, one of the pages you wanted to translate, please? that way i can see what's going on.

-----------------

At the same time, if you're using any server-side cache, please flush it and deactivate it while we work on this issue because many times the problem is just that the cache shows you old versions of the site and doesn't retrieve the translations.

May 25, 2023 at 7:17 am #13712567

hagenD

Hello,

yes, you can cancel the jobs and try with one page.

no, currently, there is no cache used.

regards

May 25, 2023 at 7:18 am #13712569

hagenD

for your test, please choose e.g. a product page. since i don't want to translate ALL pages and i want to select afterwards which page should be translated.

but product pages should be all translated, so you can choose a random one

thanks!

May 25, 2023 at 8:55 am #13713985

Alejandro
Supporter

Please check this video: hidden link

I had translated one page and it worked without issues. it did take a bit before it was retrieved but that has nothing to do with WPML and instead it's all about server resources on your end. however it only took a minute or two instead of a few seconds. the product that i tested here was: "Beamlight UV Lash System S6 - Complete Set"

I then started to record myself and tried to translate another product: Beamlight UV Lash System S6

and this one instead got stuck. i can see on our system that our system received the page, translated it automatically and send it your way but your system couldn't upload the translation.

Iran many tests and i believe the problem is coming from a plugin that might be interfering here with our file upload. Can you tell me if:

- This is a live site?
- You have or can provide a staging environment?
- You have a server-side cache?

because i'd like to run a "minimal test" (Disable all the plugins on your site to try to spot the actual error we get while retrieving the translations) to see if we can fix this problem faster.

If you don't have a staging site nor can provide one, i can give you a space on our servers so we can temporarily create a clone that we can run our tests on without any risk on your end.

Let me know.

May 25, 2023 at 10:55 am #13715499

hagenD

i will create a staging site and send you the credentials asap.

a plugin of course can also be the reason, but this is a clone from my other site where i use wpml and it does not have any other plugins active. and the other site works like a charme 🙂

but we will see

thanks!

May 25, 2023 at 11:14 am #13715667

Alejandro
Supporter

Thanks! i re-enabled the credentials field (They are available only for 1 answer from when i enable them).

May 25, 2023 at 6:17 pm #13718667

Alejandro
Supporter

I'm sensing a pattern here. the first time i translate a product, it works. the second time i try, it gets "stuck" and this is usually a sign of cache, but a server-side or database type of cache. are you sure your server doesn't have or use any type of cache on their servers?

However i think that the following will help us out:

- Downgrade PHP to version 7.4. you have a TON of plugins throwing deprecation errors due to php 8.1 and that means that your server is constantly using more resources than it should

- Uninstall WooCommerce and the WPML plugins. download them again from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/ and install them again from scratch, not via FTP but from Plugins > Add New

- Ask your hosting to check your database: the options table is missing either the primary key or the autoincrement option and if this is happening to a default WordPress table as important as the "options" table, then this is very likely happening to other tables.

- What hosting are you using, because they can probably be able to help you out here.

---------------

Once the changes are made on the original site, you can recreate the staging site and let me know so i can try to understand what else is going on.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.