Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're experiencing issues on your WooCommerce multilingual site where users get redirected to the same page instead of the payment screen when trying to place an order in the English version, while other languages like Spanish and French work fine, this might be due to multiple endpoints being registered with the main string in Spanish.

Solution:
First, ensure that the 'Order received' endpoint in WooCommerce -> Settings -> Advanced is set to 'order-received'. Then, go to WPML -> String Translation and delete all strings related to 'pedido-recibido' and 'order-received' endpoints. After that, translate 'order-received' to other languages as needed, for example, 'pedido-recibido' for Spanish. Additionally, check other endpoints like 'order-pay' and ensure they are set correctly in WooCommerce settings and translated appropriately in String Translation. Follow the steps provided in our errata for detailed instructions:
Incorrect content displayed when WooCommerce endpoints are translated from non-English to English.

Please note that this solution might be irrelevant if it's outdated or not applicable to your case. We highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the issue persists, please open a new support ticket with us: WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.96 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
March 12, 2024 at 4:49 pm #15400807

dosvisual.com

On barcelonatangoamigo.com we have woocommerce in SP / EN / FR and on the EN version, when you want to PLACE the ORDER the users get redirected to the same page instead of the payment screen. SP and FR work fine.

March 12, 2024 at 5:24 pm #15400940

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Reference to our recent chat, please try the following:

IMPORTANT: Take full backup of your website and database beforehand. It is highly advised to try the following on a staging/dev site first, so your live website isn't compromised.

- Deactivate all plugins except WPML, String Translation, WooCommerce and WCML and check for the issue.
- Activate each plugin one-by-one, while keeping check on the issue after a plugin is activated. This way you'll be able to pinpoint a plugin having a conflict (or problem), if any.
- If the problem persists, repeat the above steps with a default theme of WordPress (i.e. 2021 or 2024).
- Also check the browser's console for any JavaScript errors. If you find any, copy that in your next reply. See https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/ for details on how to find these errors.

Please let me know your findings, when you're ready and I'll try my best to further assist you on the matter.

Regards.

March 12, 2024 at 7:54 pm #15401380

dosvisual.com

Thanks Waqas
It´s not easy for me to create a staging site nor to do those tests at the moment 🙁
Could you do that for me, please? I think you have more tools..
Thanks in advance!

March 12, 2024 at 10:55 pm #15401700

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

I can try that for you. So I request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP), preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site to avoid data loss. I may need to activate/deactivate plugins.

Also provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue and links to pages in admin and on frontend.

Your next answer will be private, to share this information safely.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site to avoid data loss. I may need to activate/deactivate plugins also.

See https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/ for details on privacy and security.

March 13, 2024 at 11:05 pm #15406074

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the updates, I'll try with that site package first and 'll let you know accordingly.

March 14, 2024 at 3:11 pm #15411013

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for your cooperation, I am still looking into this but due to some issue on my end I'll need one more day and 'll update you accordingly.

March 14, 2024 at 4:00 pm #15411423

dosvisual.com

OK, thanks for the update. Good luck!

March 15, 2024 at 4:22 pm #15415328

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

I've downloaded the package and 'll setup and check soon. I'll get back to you accordingly.

March 18, 2024 at 9:30 am #15419843

dosvisual.com

Thanks, I´ll be waiting

March 18, 2024 at 4:41 pm #15422590

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Can you please let me know if the migration has been completed? and can provide me login credentials?

Your next answer will be private, to share this information safely.

March 18, 2024 at 10:15 pm #15423523

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

I was able to reproduce the problem with minimal setup, in the CW site. I've escalated the issue to our 2nd tier team for further investigation.

I'll update you as soon as I hear back.

March 20, 2024 at 3:45 pm #15432912

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Our team investigated the issue and found that:

> There are multiple endpoints registered and the main string is registered in ES. (see attached).

which is a known problem and has already been reported. Team has published an errata with a workaround at https://wpml.org/errata/incorrect-content-displayed-when-woocommerce-endpoints-are-translated-from-non-english-to-english/.

We confirmed by:

> deleted all strings from ST and then changed the order received endpoint to "order-received" in WC settings. Then translated this to ES and FR, it works now hidden link

You can check on the CW site and then can apply the solution on your production site. Remember to take a full backup before proceeding.

And let me know.

image.png
March 25, 2024 at 12:17 pm #15446526

dosvisual.com

Thanks, I cannot login to the staging site. The url is not the masked one anymore (/acceder) and my user is not being recognized. Defender Pro needs to be reactivated for the masked url to work, but my user...

It´d be useful to login and see what endpoints you´ve changed (see screenshot).

esp-endpoints.png
March 26, 2024 at 3:22 pm #15451983

dosvisual.com

Thanks. I´ve opened the staging site and I see the same ESP endpoints as in the production site.
I´m confused as I understood you had erased the ESp endpoints and replaced them with the ENG ones in: WooCommerce > Settings > Advanced page.

PLEASE, can you clarify this?

March 26, 2024 at 6:11 pm #15452829

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Let me explain, how you can correct this in your site and observe in the staging one:

- In staging site, go to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Advanced, scroll down to "Checkout endpoints" section. And notice that "Order received" endpoint is written as "order-received". While, if you compare this with your screenshot in one of recent messages, it was like "pedido-recibido" in Spanish.

- In the staging site, WPML -> String Translation and see that "order-received" endpoint has English flag and is now translated to "pedido-recibido" in Spanish. You may also notice "pedido-recibido" with an English flag and not translated which you can ignore or simply delete because that's not relevant.

- You can also verify this (in staging), by going to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency -> Store URLs and see that Order received endpoint as "order-received" in English while translated to Spanish as in String Translation.

So to fix this in your site, follow these steps:

- Go to string translation.
- Find "pedido-recibido" and "order-received" end points and delete all these strings (i.e. see attached).
- Then go to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Advanced and use "order-received" for Order received end point and save.
- Then go back to string translation.
- Search for "order-received" endpoint and translate to other languages as needed (i.e. pedido-recibido for Spanish).

And it should work now.

The key point here is that this endpoint is registered multiple times using different languages. That needs to be deleted, corrected as "order-received" in WC settings and then translated again in ST.

image.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.