Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by roliM 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
April 4, 2023 at 2:15 pm #13401089

roliM

Hi there,

All of a sudden our Dutch Events Archive page stopped working and returns a 500 error.

hidden link

We checked the php error logs and it is most likely caused by WPML. I could be wrong.

Strangely enough, we have the same page in different languages. The Dutch version is the only one giving this issue.

Any help?

April 4, 2023 at 2:58 pm #13401389

roliM

FYI: I made a fresh copy on our dev site where I turned off all plugins except WPML and Events Calendar and the issue persists.

April 4, 2023 at 4:14 pm #13402327

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Please copy here the full error log, otherwise it's impossible for us to understand what's happening.

April 4, 2023 at 4:53 pm #13402785

roliM

Didn't I do that? Pretty sure I posted the Debug information. If not where do I post it? I can only see the main Reply textarea. I don't think I'm supposed to post it publically.

April 5, 2023 at 6:23 am #13406331

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for reaching out to us.

As you're using The Events Calendar plugin, please be informed that we have successfully been able to trace the same issue which is only happening in the PHP 8.X environments. However, upon investigating further, our development team has figured out a workaround for this issue. Would you please try applying the workaround mentioned in the Errata below?

- https://wpml.org/errata/the-events-calendar-fatal-error-on-translated-events-with-php-8/

Please check and let me know if you're getting the expected result. Rest assured that our team will take care of the issue. Hopefully, the permanent fix will be available in the future version of the plugin but there is no ETA available right now.

Let me know the update. I will be happy to assist you if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

April 5, 2023 at 7:27 am #13406853

roliM

Thanks a lot? This indeed fixed the issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.