Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ΦΙΛΙΠΠΟΣ ΠΡΕΣΚΟΤΤ ΝΤΕΣΙ 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author Posts
October 19, 2022 at 11:52 am #12269297

ΦΙΛΙΠΠΟΣ ΠΡΕΣΚΟΤΤ ΝΤΕΣΙ

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Trying to change Translations of product taxonomies labels and slug in Greek

Is there a similar example that we can see?

As you can see in the screenshot it tries to change from english to greek but with no luck stucks on loading.

What is the link to your site?
My website is hidden link if you want to see it just ask me thecredentials.

Screenshot (76).png
October 19, 2022 at 3:32 pm #12271685

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. This issue usually happens when there is some JS conflict on your site. You can see on your browser console there might be some JS errors. Could you please first try another browser and see if this resolves your issue?

If still an issue persists, I would like to ask you to follow these steps to isolate the cause of the issue:

1. Back up your site first before making any changes, this is for security reasons.

2. Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.

3. Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

4. If the issue is gone, activate each plugin one by one to see which one there is an interaction issue with.

Please let me know the results,

Thank you

October 20, 2022 at 12:46 pm #12279595

ΦΙΛΙΠΠΟΣ ΠΡΕΣΚΟΤΤ ΝΤΕΣΙ

Hello there,

I have followed your suggestions and the problem still persists i switced themes and because its an eshop i switced to storefront and i only left woocommerce plugin and all of your plugins activated but nothing changed and also on the front end and the backend on taxonomy translation the wasn't any js errors only warnings.

October 20, 2022 at 4:16 pm #12281685

Noman
Supporter

Thanks for doing those steps. Could you please enable error reporting on your site I need to see the details of the latest error log to better understand the cause of the issue. To enable it, open your ‘wp-config.php’ file and look for ‘define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);’. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

After adding the above code, please try to reload the backend/frontend and try to re-save the taxonomy value, and if this will create a debug.log file in your site's wp-content directory. Please send me its contents.

You can see more details on how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress/

Thank you

October 21, 2022 at 8:08 am #12285103

ΦΙΛΙΠΠΟΣ ΠΡΕΣΚΟΤΤ ΝΤΕΣΙ

Hello there,

I follow your instructions and no message appeared and no debug.log file in my site's wp-content directory created but when i removed the @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 ); only one message appeared and only on the frontend and no debug.log and the error is:

Deprecated: Function _register_controls is deprecated since version 3.1.0! Use Elementor\Controls_Stack::register_controls() instead. in /home/orodivino/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5381

October 23, 2022 at 9:28 am #12294753

Noman
Supporter

To take a closer look at this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to deactivate and reactivate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please provide the frontend link where I can see the taxonomy label translation.

Thank you

October 25, 2022 at 9:46 am #12305977

Noman
Supporter

I have checked the issue on your site and I can confirm that it’s working correctly for me too and I can’t find any issues. It might be a temporary glitch that’s why you were facing this issue.

Thank you

October 25, 2022 at 10:09 am #12306121

ΦΙΛΙΠΠΟΣ ΠΡΕΣΚΟΤΤ ΝΤΕΣΙ

Ok i hope thats not going to be a more serious problem in the future because still doesn't work to change the language of taxonomies.

Thank you!

October 25, 2022 at 10:10 am #12306123

ΦΙΛΙΠΠΟΣ ΠΡΕΣΚΟΤΤ ΝΤΕΣΙ

Ok i hope thats not going to be a more serious problem in the future because still doesn't work to change the language of taxonomies.

Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.