Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.62 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by benW-2 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Alejandro.

Author Posts
July 7, 2022 at 2:18 pm #11624213

benW-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a custom post type called "team"

I can translate from ENG to ARABIC.
However the ARABIC version is using the team TITLE as the Slug and I cannot edit it. I want the slug to be in ENGLISH
I want it to stay same as english original eg

hidden link
to
hidden link
but instead it is showing as
hidden link

how can i ensure all URLS are in english and not arabic?
password for test site above is "protect"

July 9, 2022 at 12:45 pm #11635315

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello there!

You can modify the translated pages directly and change the slugs. You are seeing a lot of encoded characters because browsers don't see the special characters as we do, so it only shows it correctly once you send the URL.

However, the slug is showing like that because it was translated into arabic characters.

I'm not sure how you're translated a page but you can check this guide to understand how the slugs work and how they can be setup to be translated: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-page-slugs/#sending-post-or-page-slugs-to-translators

Regards.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.