Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
August 9, 2023 at 3:29 pm #14177191

bergmans23

Hi there,

I've run all products in test.russian-socks.com through the auto translate and all is well, but I see that some translations are not quite correct.
If i want to replace certain words in the translated product names in bulk, how can i best do that?
Thanks!
Bye
Ward

August 10, 2023 at 8:02 am #14179899

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there, Ward.

There's no way to bulk-edit product names.

This would require some custom work for example:

Replace with a "search and replace" plugin straight from the database the exact phrase you don't like. In this case, DB search replace can do the job but you need to update the translated title in ATE/CTE when translating otherwise it will overwrite the change

So this really falls out of the purpose of our Support Policy, so I would recommend a WPML contractor (https://wpml.org/contractors/) or a developer, to make sure all of this is handled carefully, in case it is too much of a hassle for you to do it manually.

I hope that you will find the information I shared above helpful.

Have a lovely rest of the day!

Mihai Apetrei

August 10, 2023 at 8:56 am #14180495

bergmans23

Hi Mihai,

Okay, clear! Understandable, but a shame that there's no big button to do that! 🙂
We'll do it manually for now. It's only 500 products! 🙂
Thanks for your help!
Bye
Ward

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.