Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client wanted to restrict other administrators from using the Automatic Translation feature in WPML.
Solution:
We informed the client that it is possible to turn off other admins from using Automatic Translation in the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE), but they can still send content to automatic translation from WPML > Translation Management. This restriction applies to the Translation Manager as well. We recommended following the documentation:

However, we also clarified that there is no way to completely limit an administrator from using the automatic translation feature.

Please note that this solution might be irrelevant if it's outdated or not applicable to your case. If so, we highly recommend checking related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the issue persists, please open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
February 20, 2024 at 2:02 am #15320400

itsFarouk

Hi,

1- in Translation Management -> Tools -> Under "Who can use Automatic Translation?", I can't turn off the other admins from using the automatic translation.

Thank you

February 20, 2024 at 2:16 am #15320402

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi,

Here is the new ticket. You can turn off other admins from using Automatic Translation in the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE). However, they can still send the content to automatic translation from WPML > Translation Management. This action is applied to the Translation Manager also.

Please follow the documentation
https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/#choosing-who-can-use-automatic-translation
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/working-with-translation-managers/

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

February 20, 2024 at 9:42 am #15321392

itsFarouk

so there is no way to limit the automatic translations to just one user for example, as I have multiple Admins in the website, and I don't want all of them to be able to use this feature.

February 21, 2024 at 1:28 am #15325107

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi,

I'm afraid that there isn't a way to limit an administrator from using the automatic translation feature.

Let me know if you have any questions.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.