Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 -
- 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 35 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Alejandro.

Author Posts
March 14, 2024 at 5:24 pm #15411739

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thank you for getting back to me.

I apologize for any confusion caused. Let me clarify once more: Initially, I checked and observed the missing Chinese translation in the Advanced Translation Editor on the page you shared here hidden link . Subsequently, I escalated the issue to our 2nd Tier Support, who confirmed that the translations were not saved in the Translation Memory.

Consequently, they elevated the matter to our developers for further investigation. However, despite their efforts, our developers were unable to determine the cause of the translation disappearance. Therefore, they have instructed me to credit your account with translation credits so that you can utilize the "Automatic Translation" feature to re-translate the page. I hope this clears it up.

March 18, 2024 at 7:21 pm #15423177

mariannaF-4

Is there is a way to transfer this to Alejandro?

March 18, 2024 at 7:46 pm #15423274

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thank you for responding.

Certainly, I'll request Alejandro to address this ticket for you. In the interim, feel free to draft your responses to him, allowing him to follow up once he's back online.

March 19, 2024 at 9:13 am
March 21, 2024 at 12:35 pm #15436320

mariannaF-4

Thank you for your reply. We are not using Automatic Translations anywhere on our website, everything was translated in the Advanced Translator manually by our staff. This is why this is so concerning, the 2 pages that are mentioned in the thread suddenly switched to automatic and overwrote all of our work.

March 21, 2024 at 2:53 pm #15436962

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Please watch this video where i explain the issue in detail: hidden link

You mention that you do not have credits or use automatic translation and while that's true for the staging site or even for the live site right now, it wasn't the case before.

I can see you have used automatic translation in the past. You currently have 43064 credits ready to be used on the live site and have used 26936 in the past.

there were some pages that were translated automatically by default as soon as you opened that page. however the person that opened that page in the translation editor closed it, probably because they saw it translated and thought they didn't have to do anything? the thing is that they never clicked the "complete button" at that moment. then you open the same page or a page with the same content later down the road. this time you do not have credits or you have the automatic translation feature disabled for that user (if you do not know how to disable it for your user, please let me know).

As a result, you ended with a blank page. it was not a bug, it was just a workflow situation.

The last video was a bit generic because i wanted to show you the different ways to get the content translated. nothing is translated automatically if the content is already saved in the translation memory, but we investigated the reference page you had and that's what came up.

I hope things are clearer now, but let me know if that's not the case so i can further clarify :). if you have a specific page you'd like me to check on now, please go ahead and let me know and I'll happily investigate it.

Regards.

March 28, 2024 at 1:27 pm #15460860

mariannaF-4

Thank you for the video. I do understand how automatic translations work but from what I know happened to the 2 pages (hidden link & hidden link) is that they were translated manually using the advanced translator. One day, i assigned pages to be translated by our staff and it started to default to automatic & filling in segments that were not translated manually. Additionally, we trying to stop the automatic process by choosing "never translated automatically" on the pop-up & closing it but the next time it would still initiate an automatic process. At one point we did close it without clicking Complete because we didn't want to lose out manual translation. Then eventually we did click complete and saw that our translations were overwritten by the automatic or reverted back to english.

How do I turn off automatic translations for all users?

March 28, 2024 at 1:59 pm #15461071

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Ok let me clarify something: if a page is manually translated then it will NOT be overwritten with automatic translation UNLESS you expressly press the related button at the top of the page or manually click on the automatic translation icon on a segment.

In other scenarios, if the page was manually translated, it will not be overwritten with automatic translation.

--------------

How do I turn off automatic translations for all users?

You currently can do that for Admin users, because of the logic behind that role: if you're an admin, it means you can control what to do with your and other users.

You can disable it for other users with lower roles directly from WPML > Translation Management > Tools > Who can use automatic translation.

I have recorded a video where i show you a few scenarios explaining this: hidden link

Remember that once you select the option to not translate it automatically that will only affect your user, not the other users as well and you need to save the changes on the page for it to take effect.

Please let me know if things are clear now and let me know if there are doubts.

The topic ‘[Closed] Missing Translated contents using Advanced Translated Editor’ is closed to new replies.