Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
We are using Smart Slider and Elementor on our website but we can't translate the slider.

Solution:
You can translate the smart slider with the following steps:

1- In your admin dashboard go to Smart Slider > Dashboard
2- Switch the admin language to the second language from the top admin bar
3- Duplicate the English(the default language) slider
4- Edit the duplicated copy and translate the texts
5- Save the changes
6- Go to Pages >All pages > Switch the admin language to the second language
7- Edit the translated page with Elementor and use the new slider you just created

100% of people find this useful.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.59 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Todor Sas 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
September 28, 2021 at 6:21 pm #9680723

Todor Sas

Hi guys, we are having problem translating the Smart Slider on our website avogate.com.
We did read everything we found including:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translation-smart-slider-3/
hidden link
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translating-smart-slider-3-content/

Duplicated the slider in the second language, payed with short codes, etc. and still can't make it work.

The login details for the website are

-- Access details were removed by Supporter --

Thank you in advance for your help.

September 28, 2021 at 8:40 pm #9681329

Mohamed Sayed

Hi there,
Thanks for contacting WPML support, I will be happy to help you today.

The issue was fixed and now the slider works for Bulgarian language with the following steps:

1- In your admin dashboard go to Smart Slider > Dashboard
2- Switch the admin language to Bulgarian from the top admin bar
3- Duplicate the English slider
4- Edit the duplicated copy and translate the texts (I copied it from the existing BG slider)
5- Save the changes
6- Go to Pages >All pages > Switch the admin language to Bulgarian
7- Edit the Bulgarian homepage with Elementor and use the new slider you just created

Now the Bulgarian language shows the slider translated as you can see here: hidden link

The slider used on the Bulgarian page is: Homepage BG - Copy (ID: 11)

- Please note that I have removed the access details from your public message for privacy reasons, so please don't share any sensitive details in the public messages and we will enable the private box for you to share it securely if required

Regards,
Mohamed

September 29, 2021 at 5:14 pm #9688993

Todor Sas

Hello Mohamed,

Thank you so much for solving the issue and the detailed explanation. I appreciate your help.

I have couple more issue should we continue here or should I open new tickets?

Best,
Todor

September 29, 2021 at 6:17 pm #9689373

Todor Sas

One quick question - can I deletе No.8 slider?

WPML-3.3.jpg
September 29, 2021 at 9:15 pm #9690131

Todor Sas

Hello Mohamed, something happened and the Bulgarian slider reverted to English again. There was a problem with the page style and another guy from support did some adjustment to correct the page style, unfortunately the slider is back to English...

Can you please take a look?

September 29, 2021 at 9:35 pm #9690203

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Todor,

Please provide the access details again so I can recheck the slider, I've enabled the private box for your next reply.

Also, could you please tell me what changes were made on the other ticket?

September 29, 2021 at 10:43 pm #9690339

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Todor,

I checekd the site and found that the ID of the Bulgarian slider was changed to the ID of the English one in the Elmemtor editor. So I changed again to the correct ID #11 and now it's working fine for me hidden link

Maybe that happened while trying to fix the style issue but I'm not sure which custom field is responsible for that.

Now the slider with ID #2 is used for English and #11 is used for Bulgarian, so you can delete #8

For the other issues you have, may I kindly ask you to mark this ticket as resolved and open a new ticket for them?

Our support policy allows us to handle one issue per ticket. This helps supporters to focus on one issue at once, also allows other users to find solutions to their questions faster if they have a similar issue.

Thanks for understanding.

Regards,
Mohamed

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.