Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
March 22, 2024 at 8:01 am #15438985

rizzoD

I have same issues with configuring WPML.

Also, when I translate a page the template is changed and i don't know how to reset it because translation goes to the wpml website and there are no theme settings.

Furthermore I was wondering if I can translate just the text from admin textfields that contain HTML, so I can translate the text instead of the entire HTML page.

Many thanks for any help,

March 22, 2024 at 8:50 am #15439362

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. To streamline the support process, I've enabled a private message feature for submitting debug information related to this support ticket.

Here are the initial debugging steps:

1. Visit "WPML > Support > Debug Information" https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/ .
2. Copy the Debug Information provided there.
3. Locate the private field I've activated and paste the copied information there.

Afterward, please provide further details about the issue you're experiencing. It would be helpful if you could include some screenshots and the URL of the relevant page here.

March 22, 2024 at 9:22 am #15439447

rizzoD

The link is: hidden link You can see the side blocks are different from default one hidden link

Also i was wondering about this question:
Can I translate just the text from admin textfields that contain HTML, so I can translate the text instead of the entire HTML page.

March 22, 2024 at 10:01 am #15439666

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated, if possible. This will enable me to provide better assistance and determine if any configurations need to be modified.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

Upon reviewing your debug information, I have observed that the PHP limit for your "WP Memory Limit" is lower than the recommended 256MB or the required 128MB, as mentioned in the documentation found at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/. To resolve this, I kindly request that you contact your hosting provider and request an increase in the PHP value for you.

March 22, 2024 at 1:59 pm #15441150

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I get what you mean now. Could you try translating the content using the String Translation here? hidden link

Then, let me know how it goes.

March 27, 2024 at 7:11 am #15453646

rizzoD

Hi,

Yes it will work however I need the seperate strings from this document: hidden link (Docuent 2 Più airport transfers|WPML|en|6-de) it hangs in the advanced translator.

Otherwise I can not assign it and I will have to translate the HTML page instead of just the strings. It will be to compley for the translator.

Another issue came up, the language selector does not remeber the language that was selected.

We need this for a important feature so the visitor will only have to select language once.

Thank you for any support,

March 27, 2024 at 9:23 am #15454142

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

There could be some invalid strings that are preventing the strings from being translated using the Advanced Translation Editor.

I'd suggest you try translating the manually using the method here https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/ .

Could you try and let me know how it goes?

March 27, 2024 at 12:14 pm #15455379

rizzoD

Manually really is no option because we need it translate automaticly we have 6 languages and many forms.

This is the format:

a:3:{i:0;a:3:{s:4:"name";s:17:"private-transfers";s:4:"form";s:1634:"<!-- Simple HTML shortcodes in the form (check more at "Generate Tag" section): Row: <r>...</r> | Columns: <c>...</c> | Labels: <l>...</l> | Spacer: <spacer></spacer> --> <div class="wpbc__form__div"><r><c>Request a private transfer and receive a quote within  12 h. [calendar] </c> </r><r><l>Passengers (total):</l></r><r><c> The total number of passengers.[select visitors "1" "2" "3" "4" "5" "6" "7" "8" "9" "10"] </c> </r><r><l>Children under 12 years old:</l></r><r> <c>We are obligated by law to ask how many of the passengers are under 12 years old?[select children "0" "1" "2" "3" "4" "5" "6" "7" "8" "9"]</c> </r> <r> <c> <l>Time (required):</l>[text* time] </c> <c> <l>Flight number (required):</l>[text* flightnumber] </c> </r> <r> <c> <l>Pick-up location (required):</l>[text* pick]</c> </r> <r> <c> <l>Drop-off location (required):</l>[text* drop]</c> </r> <r> <c> <l>First Name (required):</l>[text* name]</c> <c> <l>Last Name (required):</l>[text* secondname]</c> </r> <r> <c> <l>Email (required):</l>[email* email]</c> <c> <l>Phone (required):</l>[text* phone]</c> </r> <r><l>Details:</l> </r><r> <c> Please let us know any requests, like a child seat, booster or any special luggage. [textarea details]</c> </r> <r> <c> [checkbox* term_and_condition use_label_element "<a target=_blank href=/customer-policy>I Accept the customer policy</a>"] </c> <c> [captcha] </c> <c> [submit "Send"]</c> </r> </div>";s:7:"content";s:353:"<div class="standard-content-form"> <b>First Name</b>: <f>[name]</f><br><b>Last Name</b>: <f>[secondname]</f><br><b>Email</b>: <f>[email]</f><br><b>Phone</b>: <f>[phone]</f><br><b>Adults</b>: <f>[visitors]</f><br><b>Children</b>: <f>[children]</f><br><b>Details</b>: <f>[details]</f></div>";}i:1;a:3:{s:4:"name";s:21:"shared-transfer-ch-br";s:4:"form";s:1650:"<!-- Simple HTML shortcodes in the form (check more at "Generate Tag" section): Row: <r>...</r> | Columns: <c>...</c> | Labels: <l>...</l> | Spacer: <spacer></spacer> --> <div class="wpbc__form__div"><r><c>Book your Charleroi Aeroport - Brussels Pl. du Luxembourg 100, transfer for just €17,99 per passenger. [calendar] </c> </r><r> <c> <l>Select Time (required):</l>[select rangetime "07:00@@07:00 - 08:00" "11:00@@11:00 - 12:00" "15:00@@15:00 - 16:00" "19:00@@19:00 - 20:00" "21:00@@21:00 - 22:00" "23:30@@23:30 - 00:30"] </c> </r> <r><l>Passengers (total):</l></r><r><c> The total number of passengers.[select visitors "1" "2" "3" "4" "5" "6" "7" "8" "9" "10"] </c> </r><r><l>Children under 12 years old:</l></r><r> <c>We are obligated by law to ask how many of the passengers are under 12 years old?[select children "0" "1" "2" "3" "4" "5" "6" "7" "8" "9"]</c> </r> <r> <c> <l>First Name (required):</l>[text* name]</c> <c> <l>Last Name (required):</l>[text* secondname]</c> </r> <r> <c> <l>Email (required):</l>[email* email]</c> <c> <l>Phone (required):</l>[text* phone]</c> </r> <r><l>Details:</l> </r><r> <c> Please let us know any requests, like a child seat or booster. [textarea details]</c> </r> <r> <c> [checkbox* term_and_condition use_label_element "<a target=_blank href=/customer-policy>I Accept the customer policy</a>"] </c> <c> [captcha] </c> <r> <c>Full cost of the transfer: [cost_hint] </c> </r> <c> [submit "Send"]</c> </r> </div>";s:7:"content";s:366:"<div class="standard-content-form"> <b>First Name</b>: <f>[name]</f><br/> <b>Last Name</b>: <f>[secondname]</f><br/> <b>Email</b>: <f>[email]</f><br/> <b>Phone</b>: <f>[phone]</f><br/> <b>Adults</b>: <f>[visitors]</f><br/> <b>Children</b>: <f>[children]</f><br/> <b>Details</b>: <f>[details]</f> </div>";}i:2;a:3:{s:4:"name";s:21:"shared-transfer-br-ch";s:4:"form";s:1632:"<!-- Simple HTML shortcodes in the form (check more at "Generate Tag" section): Row: <r>...</r> | Columns: <c>...</c> | Labels: <l>...</l> | Spacer: <spacer></spacer> --> <div class="wpbc__form__div"><r><c>Book your Brussels Pl. du Luxembourg 100 - Charleroi Aeroport transfer, for just €17,99 per passenger. [calendar] </c> </r><r> <c> <l>Select Time (required):</l>[select rangetime "05:00@@05:00 - 06:00" "09:00@@09:00 - 10:00" "13:00@@13:00 - 14:00" "19:00@@19:00 - 20:00" "21:00@@21:00 - 22:00"] </c> </r> <r><l>Passengers (total):</l></r><r><c> The total number of passengers.[select visitors "1" "2" "3" "4" "5" "6" "7" "8" "9" "10"] </c> </r><r><l>Children under 12 years old:</l></r><r> <c>We are obligated by law to ask how many of the passengers are under 12 years old?[select children "0" "1" "2" "3" "4" "5" "6" "7" "8" "9"]</c> </r> <r> <c> <l>First Name (required):</l>[text* name]</c> <c> <l>Last Name (required):</l>[text* secondname]</c> </r> <r> <c> <l>Email (required):</l>[email* email]</c> <c> <l>Phone (required):</l>[text* phone]</c> </r> <r><l>Details:</l> </r><r> <c> Please let us know any requests, like a child seat or booster. [textarea details]</c> </r> <r> <c> [checkbox* term_and_condition use_label_element "<a target=_blank href=/customer-policy>I Accept the customer policy</a>"] </c> <c> [captcha] </c> <r> <c>Full cost of the transfer: [cost_hint] </c> </r> <c> [submit "Send"]</c> </r> </div>";s:7:"content";s:370:"<div class="standard-content-form"> <b>First Name</b>: <f>[name]</f><br/> <b>Last Name</b>: <f>[secondname]</f><br/> <b>Email</b>: <f>[email]</f><br/> <b>Phone</b>: <f>[phone]</f><br/> <b>Adults</b>: <f>[visitors]</f><br/> <b>Children</b>: <f>[children]</f><br/> <b>Details</b>: <f>[details]</f><br/> </div>";}}

March 27, 2024 at 12:26 pm #15455525

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for responding.

Could you please let me know where I can find the HTML contents? Also, which page are you currently working on? I need to inspect it to explore alternative translation methods. The current method being used for translation won't be effective.

March 27, 2024 at 12:41 pm #15455614

rizzoD

Thank you for the help, see the link: hidden link

March 27, 2024 at 1:46 pm #15455907

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like only the pro version of the plugin https://wpml.org/plugin/booking-calendar-pro/ is fully compatible with WPML. Since you are using the normal version, translating the contents in the booking form is not possible and you'll have to use the manual method as explained earlier.

March 27, 2024 at 2:02 pm #15456164

rizzoD

We have Business Medium, and is the pro version. Why is the contents not loaded in the advanced editor? Is it because of JSON format?

Another issue came up, the language selector does not remeber the language that was selected.

Could you assist with this issue?

March 27, 2024 at 2:56 pm #15456513

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, my mistake. Have you seen this video? hidden link . This is the correct way to translate the Booking form.

hidden link

March 27, 2024 at 3:34 pm #15456893

rizzoD

Yes I know but I preffered to have WPML for translating because of the translators being able to use the same screen for translating but also because of automated translation. WPML is also advertising with "String Translation
Translate any text coming from any theme or plugin" it suggests that I can translate the strings instead of the entire file (which will work within string translation).

March 27, 2024 at 3:39 pm #15456902

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for responding.

Given that we've tested the string translation feature and found it ineffective, I will escalate this matter for further investigation by our 2nd Tier Support to determine if your requirements can be met with the current setup.

Regarding your new issue with the language selector not remembering the selected language, could you provide more details? Depending on the complexity, I may need to split this ticket into a separate ticket for this specific issue.

The topic ‘[Closed] Some issues with configuring WPML’ is closed to new replies.