Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.40 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by volkerU 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
November 4, 2022 at 9:10 pm #12386155

volkerU

My site using WP 6.1 crashes if I activate the WPML Plugins. The error became obvious to me after I tried editing the page /daten. Maybe there is a connection, but I am not sure. I have WPML now deactivated but of course this is no solution.

2022-11-04 22_06_22-Reiseberichte und Fotos - Volker Umpfenbach.png
November 4, 2022 at 9:13 pm #12386159

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

This might be related to the fact that WordPress 6.1 has been automatically updated on your site.

Both WPML and WPML String Translation add-on need to be updated to the latest version.

WordPress 6.1 introduces breaking changes that require updating the WPML Multilingual CMS and WPML String Translation prior to updating the WordPress. You can see the details here: https://wpml.org/changelog/2022/10/wpml-4-5-12-updates-for-wordpress-6-1/

As your site already uses the WordPress 6.1 version. Could you please follow the below steps and see if this resolves your issue:

1. Please take a backup of your site first for safety reasons.

2. Please update all WPML plugins to the latest version. The latest version of WPML Multilingual CMS is 4.5.12 and WPML String Translation is 3.2.3, please update manually using FTP or cPanel and see if this resolves your issue.

To do a manual update please follow these steps:

- Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and add-ons.

- Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from your "wp-content/plugins" folder, NOT the database records.

- Download the updated plugins from our servers (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/) and upload them to the plugin directory.

- Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.

Here is a doc for more details: https://wpml.org/faq/updating-wpml-manually/

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or if you need further assistance with this issue.

PS 1: If you update manually, you won't lose any data as the data is saved in the database but you can create a full website backup before if you want to feel extra safe.

PS 2: if you don’t find WPML in the Plugins page list, then probably it was removed by your hosting. Just download the latest versions as explained above and then install and activate them.

Mihai Apetrei

November 5, 2022 at 5:51 am #12387943

volkerU

Thanks. Reinstalling solved the problem. However I'd like to stress that I did update the WPML plugins before updating WordPress itself. Still the error occurred after I edited the first translation.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.