Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Subash Chandra Poudel 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Subash Chandra Poudel.

Author Posts
October 10, 2022 at 5:07 pm #12215215

svenH-12

Hi Subash.

many thanks will check this,

However, now we are running in even more severe problems before that,
We have now just activated WPML on our second page of the multisite.
We can use shared advanced translation editor and all other functionality seems to work.

We are facing issues with:

- Global HEaders and Footers in Newspaper Theme

We are just starting with the translation and I wanted to make sure that some of our imotant articles are translated by professional translators first. Only then I want to activate full site translation for all new content.

But this seems not to work correctly for the above.

Could you please have a look at this and help us?

Thanks
Sven

Just to add, We can see the translations but it seems when a post opens that something is going wrong fetching it correctly.

Original site is here livetube.tv/news you can check articles

Here is a translated article. you can see the wrong header and footer, But the translated ones are actually available in the theme and also in WordPress.
hidden link

original article EN
hidden link

October 10, 2022 at 5:21 pm #12215315

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

I can see the header and footer difference between the two pages.

If you haven't already done so please review the following document on how to translate a site built with the Newspaper theme.

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/create-multilingual-wordpress-websites-using-the-newspaper-theme-and-wpml/

To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations. You can find it in WPML > Support > click on the “Debug information” link. I have enabled the debug field for you to share the details properly.

Please check this link for more info: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Regards,
Subash

October 10, 2022 at 5:25 pm #12215343

svenH-12

Hi Subash, I have added debug information. And yes, we have read the document and even translated the templates. You can see an example here where it works hidden link

October 10, 2022 at 5:28 pm #12215347

svenH-12

For info: I translated this post manually after automatic translation. All other posts are with agency translation which is nit working.

For a pure advanced translation example with automatic translation you can see this post
I have also activated a language switcher in the footer

hidden link

Engliish is looking fine but header and footer are not working for the other languages

October 11, 2022 at 10:45 am #12219241

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi Sven,

Sorry for the delayed response here.

The Spanish page seems to work fine now as I test in my end.
Both hidden link and hidden link have header and footer working fine.

Is the issue resolved now? If not and if you still have the issue please let me know how and which page exactly can I check on to see the issue.

Regards,
Subash

October 11, 2022 at 1:23 pm #12220387
svenH-12

Hi Subash, thanks for getting back,

yes, footer and header now seem to link to the correct templates. It looks like that they should not be duplicated but translated and the code text just copied from the original. I will check more and see if I can edit these and let you know if any problems.

As you can see I have yesterday night activated automatic translation everything.
However here are the challenges:

1. It looks like jobs are showing but yet there are only 20 posts translated the others are showing being translated but nothing is happening

2. I wanted to have the featured image copied to the other languages (no media translations needed) but this did not seem to happen. The featured image is not showing up in the translations

I have downloaded media translation and tried to install it on our site livetube.tv/news but the setup does not work. It looks like there is a time out. I even deactivated the theme and activated a default theme but this did not help. Also we deactivated the CDN but also this did not help/

On our main page livetube.tv I was able to setup media translation without any problems. So I suspect that it has to do with the multisite environment of livetube.tv/news

So the two open problems right now:

1. Automatic translation everything not working
2. Featured images not showing up

Thanks for your help
Sven

New threads created by Subash Chandra Poudel and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-translate-everything-multisite-automatic-translation-and-featured-images-not-working/

October 11, 2022 at 3:16 pm #12221511

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi Sven,

Thank you for confirming the issue with the Header and Footer translation is now resolved.

As advised before, we try to handle only one issue per ticket to keep the issues managed and focused on efficiently solving the issues. So, I have split this ticket into a new one linked next for the next issue you are having:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-translate-everything-multisite-automatic-translation-and-featured-images-not-working/

I will follow up on the new ticket regarding the issue of the Featured image and Automatic Translation not working.

Regards,
Subash

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.