Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing an issue where French products are appearing in both French and English on their e-commerce site, and vice versa, making it seem as if there are duplicate products in both languages.
Solution:
1. We recommend checking the translation settings for the Product post type by navigating to WPML > Settings → Post type Translation. Set the translation preference to "Translatable - only show translated items" if you want French products to appear only in French.
2. Ensure that the source language of each product is correctly assigned and that translations are properly connected to the default product. For guidance on linking translations, visit this guide.
3. Activate the String Translation and WooCommerce Multilingual plugins if they are not already active. These plugins are essential for running WooCommerce with WPML. For installation and usage, refer to the following guides:

If these steps do not resolve the issue or if the solution seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If further assistance is needed, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
May 20, 2024 at 9:41 pm #15647392

laurenceV-4

French product appears both in English AND french (as if this unique product was twice / twin)
On the english eboutique same problem : you see the product in english AND in french, like if there were 2 products.
Thank you for your help
Laurence

May 21, 2024 at 8:15 am #15648502

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello Laurence,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand that default language products are showing in French and vice versa. Since French is the default language of your site, French products will appear in English if the translation preference for the Product post type is set to "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" and the product has not been translated into English. If you want French products to appear only in French, please go to "WPML > Settings → Post type Translation" and ensure that the translation preference for the Product post type is set to "Translatable - only show translated items."

However, if you are seeing English products in the French language, it is possible that the source language of the product is not assigned correctly or the translation is not properly connected to the default product. Please refer to the guide below to understand how to assign posts to the correct language or connect translations with the default content.
- https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-link-already-translated-pages/

I hope the information above will help. But, if you need further assistance, I kindly request you share the link to the page where you're having the issue and also attach the WPML Debug info in the next response. I will check and advise you on what to do next.

Please check this guide to understand how you can get the Debug info. Please Copy the info and paste it into the debug info box located below the box where you compose replies.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

May 23, 2024 at 7:20 pm #15665013

laurenceV-4

Thanks for your reply Prosenjit

I tried yesterday but it did not work..

The page is this one : hidden link

You can go from the french to the english page.

Here's the debug link : hidden link

Thanks for your help,

Laurence

May 25, 2024 at 6:13 am #15669643

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi Laurence,
Thank you for sharing the link to the product and Debug info.

From the debug info, I noticed that the `String Translation` and `WooCommerce Multilingual` plugins are not active on your site. To efficiently run WooCommerce in a WPML environment, it is necessary to keep both the String Translation and WooCommerce Multilingual plugins active on your site.

Please activate the mentioned plugins, retranslate the WooCommerce pages and products, and then check again. If you haven't installed the plugins yet, please go to "Plugins > Add New > Commercial" tab, and install and activate the plugins from there.

Please check the guide below to understand the process of using the plugins.

WooCommerce Multilingual: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

String Translation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

I hope the information above will help. Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

May 25, 2024 at 8:52 am #15669754

laurenceV-4

Thank you very much !
It works perfectly now.

laurenceV-4 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-05-25 08:52:15.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.