Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to disable specific products for a specific language?

Solution:
The way to exclude products from specific languages is to simply not translate them.

Important is that you do not display the original content, as long a translation does not exist (fallback) which means you need to make sure to set WPML -> Settings -> Post Type Translation -> Products to "Translatable - only show translated items".

Another way, in case the products are already translated, would be to go to the products list and set those specific products as "Draft" or "Private", which will make them only visible to admin users.

Relevant Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-posts/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 20, 2020 at 12:37 pm #6177555

klaraJ

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hello, pleas, its possible and when yes, how - disable specific product for specific language? I mean - I have on my web two languages and I need for second language disable products, what have a specific function only in origin country. Its possible do it?

Second question - I will today set the pojest from test domain for building to production domain. My licence of WPML is now map for domain hidden link, but we need change it on production - how I can reset licence?

Thanks you so much i need help with this.

Klara - info@jduonline.cz

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No
Is there a similar example that we can see?
No
What is the link to your site?
hidden link

May 21, 2020 at 10:36 am #6185715

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Are those products already translated or are you displaying the original products in all languages (WPML fallback option)?

The solution would actually be, as long the products are translated, to simply delete those product translations and make sure that WPML -> Settings -> Post Type Translation -> Products is set to "Translatable - only show translated items".

For your second question, you will need to

1) Go to Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial and unregister WPML for the current site.

2) Go to https://wpml.org/account/sites/

3) Here delete the old registered URL and add the new site URL.

4) Then click "show key" and copy it.

5) This key you then need to use at Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial to register WPML again.

This is it and you should be able to use WPML as expected. I hope this answered your questions. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.