Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.22 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 -
- 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 20, 2022 at 10:04 pm #12090159

jonathanS-28

I'm editing a LearnDash course on a site that is set to manually use WPML for translation and I'm getting a persistent error that the course is being translated and that there's a problem. See screenshot.

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 6.01.42 PM.png
September 22, 2022 at 10:38 am #12103105

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

It looks like this warning is showing because the translation job is existing for this Course post in WPML Advanced Translation Editor. So please try the following steps after a full site backup{mandatory} and make sure the issue is existing or not.

1) Visit WPML>>Translation Management>>Jobs
2) Search for the Course Post by title
3) Cancel the existing translation job
4) Open the Course Post for editing in the original language(The one showing notice)
5) Make sure the WPML Editor option is disabled for it - https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/#how-to-use-manual-translation
6) Make a minor change in the content & update the post
7) Update the translation

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 22, 2022 at 7:56 pm #12106619

jonathanS-28

Thank you, but when I view the Translation Management page it is blank and displays nothing but the nag asking whether the site has been moved or copied.

September 23, 2022 at 7:35 am #12108807

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Have you changed the Site URL or migrated the site recently?

Please try the following steps after a full site backup{strong} and make sure it works as expected or not. Refer to this documentation for more details - https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#register

1) Visit WPML.org>>My Accounts>>Sites - https://wpml.org/account/sites/
2) Delete the existing site key
3) Then create a new subscription key for the site
4) Visit the Site Dashboard and go to Plugins>>Add New>>Commercial
5) Click on the *Unregister WPML from this site* button
6) Register with the new site key and refresh the page

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 27, 2022 at 2:55 pm #12133175
jonathanS-28

To clarify: this is on a two-site multisite install. The sites each have WPML activated individually because there was an issue with network-activating them. The subsite has the main site's activation key enabled and I've not been able to switch that to its own key even though one exists in the WPML account dashboard. Should I remove the key from both sites and try to add them individually back?

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/activate-wpml-site-key-in-a-multisite/

September 27, 2022 at 5:37 pm #12134631

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Hope you are using different URLs for the main and subsite.

Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the network admin area of your site(because of multisite installation) for further checking. Refer to the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 29, 2022 at 7:34 am #12146493

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details and login information. I have created a new ticket for the *WPML Site Key in a Multisite* issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. Also, it will help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum. I will get back to you soon on the latest ticket. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 6, 2022 at 10:38 am #12192687

ericS-17

Wrong user. Please delete this reply.

October 6, 2022 at 10:40 am #12192693

jonathanS-28

Writing this to keep the ticket open as it is not resolved.

October 6, 2022 at 2:43 pm #12194961

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please ignore the notifications. This ticket will not be marked as closed until the sub-ticket is finished.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Error references automatic translation problem but the site is not set for auto’ is closed to new replies.