When using page builders, you might sometimes want to update the page in the default language but preserve the existing translations.
WPML preserves the texts that you have already translated. When translating the new texts that you have added to the default page, you can see that the old texts translations are already preserved in the Translation Editor page. You can simply add the translations to the new texts that you have added and click on the Save button to update the translation.
The following example shows how the existing translations are preserved using the Avia Builder (Enfold theme):
- Add a new page, and then add a Text Block to your new page. Publish the new page.
- Make sure that you are using the Translation Editor. You can check this by navigating to WPML -> Settings page.
- Click on the plus icon found on the language meta box to translate your page.
- Add your translated text, and mark it as Translation is complete. Once you have completed translating all the textual elements, click on the Save & Close button.
- Edit your Text Block. Add some texts to it, and then Save. Update the page.
- The plus icon found in the language meta box is now a round arrow, indicating that new texts needs to be translated. Click on the round arrow icon to translate the text that you have added to the Text Block.
- The texts that have been translated are preserved. You can simply add the translation for the new text and mark it as Translation is complete. Click on the Save & Close button.
Existing translations are preserved in a similar fashion for all the other integrated page builders.