Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - -
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 85 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 13, 2022 at 11:56 am #11448817

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Inge.

I'm sorry if I forgot to enable the private message.

For safety, I've removed your site's credentials from this thread. This is a public forum, so please refrain from posting sensitive to the public replies. Please change your site's access details and share the news with me. A private message is enabled for the following reply.

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 13, 2022 at 12:09 pm #11448967

ingeB

Hi Itamar,

I believe I sent the message privately, but herewith again:

Dear Itamar,

Thank you for your message.
The problem is only visible when somebody places an order with us. The confirmation they receive has sometimes the productname in a different language. I attached a print screen of an order (see image). The customer is from Ireland, but the productname is in Dutch, while he ordered this product through the English website. This is the confirmation that we receive and it is correct the confirmation that we receive is in Dutch, but the productname should be in the language of the website.

I made a temporarily login for the website:
--removed by support--

I hope you can solve the problem!

Regards,
Inge

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-13 om 12.05.33.png
June 13, 2022 at 2:06 pm #11450295

Itamar
Supporter

That's weird; it is not private gain.

In any case, I can access your site. I'll investigate the issue and get back to you when I have more findings.

Regards,
Itamar.

June 13, 2022 at 3:44 pm #11451257

Itamar
Supporter

Inge, I have a question, please.

Is the problem with the email that you, as the administrator of the site, get?
Or is it with the email that the client from Irlan that bought the product in the English language gets?

Itamar.

June 13, 2022 at 4:09 pm #11451385

ingeB

Hi Itamar,

The problem is with the confirmation email that the customer gets. The item that they buy is sometimes in the wrong language.
The confirmation email that we get is also sometimes in the wrong language, but that is less important.

June 14, 2022 at 8:37 am #11455617

Itamar
Supporter

Thanks, Inge. I now fully understand the issue and can see it on your site. I'm consulting our second-tier supporters regarding this problem. When I have their reply, I'll update you here.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

June 14, 2022 at 1:16 pm #11458463

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Inge.

Our second-tier supporter says that it might be a caching issue. He suggests that we try to see if the problem persists when the caching on your site is disabled. But before we proceed, I can see you use two caching plugins on your site. W3 Total Cache and WP-Optimize - Clean, Compress, Cache. Both of those plugins are officially compatible with WPML.

https://wpml.org/plugin-functionality/caching/

The W3 Total Cache is a complex plugin; when working with it, you must follow our guide here.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/optimize-multilingual-website-performance-using-w3-total-cache/

I can see that the WP-Optimize plugin is not updated on your site to its latest version.

Do you need both of those caching plugins?

If you decide to continue only with one of them, it would be easier for us to continue to debug the issue. Maybe updating the WP-Optimize plugin and or continuing with one of those plugins (due to a possible collision in configurations between the plugins) will solve the problem.

Regards,
Itamar.

June 14, 2022 at 5:02 pm #11460671

ingeB

Hi Itamar,

I just deleted the W3 Total Cache plugin and updated the WP-Optimize plugin.
I noticed that the confirmation email that we receive is in English right now (I mean the general email and not the product information). Before it was in Dutch. For us that is not a problem, but not sure now what the customers receive? Or is it for them still in the language from the website that they order?

Best,
Inge

June 14, 2022 at 6:22 pm #11460989

Itamar
Supporter

Thanks for checking this, Inge.

Do you allow me to take a copy of your site to investigate the issue further?

For this, I will need to install a duplicator plugin. One of these.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

Is it OK?

Itamar.

June 15, 2022 at 10:00 am #11465549

ingeB

Thanks Itamar for your reply.
Please go ahead with a copy.

I hope it will solve the problem!

Regards,
inge

June 15, 2022 at 6:13 pm #11470161

Itamar
Supporter

Thanks, Inge.

I've created a copy of your site and continue to investigate this issue.

I'll keep you updated here.

Itamar.

June 16, 2022 at 10:20 am #11475527

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

I've installed your site on my local server to continue investigating this issue. I'm not able to replicate the problem. Here is what I tried on my local server.

1. I enabled the payment option cache on delivery, so I could get to the checkout page and complete the purchase.

2. I installed the E-Mail Log plugin to log the outgoing emails.

3. On another browser, I tried to purchase (with a guest user) the Moroccan bakhoor / incense oudh product in the English language.

4. Upon completion of the checkout, I received a fatal error. I suspected that cause of the fatal error was a collision between the E-Mail Log and the Post SMTP plugins. (I didn't configure the Post SMTP to work on my local server).

5. I deactivated the Post SMTP plugin and tried again. This time with success.

6. I checked the email log and found out the email sent to the client is correct. It is all in English, including the product title. Please see the attached screenshot moroccan-incense-1.jpg.

7. Then I wanted to check if the admin language has anything to do with this issue. We've had known issues where the admin language affected the WooCommerce emails. So I changed the admin language of my user to Dutch.

8. I needed to update the product because it was out of stock. When I edited the translation in WPML's Advanced Translation Editor, I could see that it was incomplete. And most important, the product title was not translated. Please see the attached screenshot product-title.jpg. So I completed the translation of the product.

9. I then purchased the product again like I did before. And also, this time, the email was correct and in English (including my new product title translation). Please see the attached screenshot moroccan-incense-2.jpg.

In conclusion, I'd say that hopefully, deleting the W3 Total Cache plugin and updating the WP-Optimize plugin fixed the problem. I also recommend you deactivate any caching plugins while making changes and translating pages, posts, and products on your site. That is the standard practice. To complete the investigation of this issue on your site, please make a small change to the product (for consistency, try it with Marokkaanse bakhoor / wierook oudh) and press the Update button. Then also update the product's translation and ensure it is 100% complete and its title is translated.

Please let me know if you have further questions or doubts.

Regards,
Itamar.

moroccan-incense-1.jpg
product-title.jpg
moroccan-incense-2.jpg
June 18, 2022 at 10:58 am #11489799

ingeB

Dear Itamar,

I did some testing with different products and also checked Post STMP options on the website to see what the email was that the customer receives and unfortunately it is still not in the correct language.
I will add a screenshot of an order from yesterday from Germany. The confirmation email is in the correct language, but the products are in Dutch and this should also be in the German language.

Regards,
Inge

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-18 om 12.57.07.png
June 19, 2022 at 12:14 pm #11492837

Itamar
Supporter

Thanks, Inge.

I've escalated this issue to our second-tier supporters. I'll keep you updated here on any news regarding this issue.

Itamar.

June 21, 2022 at 1:13 pm #11509255

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

Our second-tier supporter was unable to reproduce the issue with the copy of your site. He still suspects caching issues on the server of the user. And he can see that you still use the WP Optimize plugin, which caches the page. He suggests you try the following.

First, disable caching for logged-in users (there should be a setting for that) and then test again.

If the problem still occurs, then disable the plugin completely and re-test.

For old records, the problem would still be there. You must place a NEW order and check if the problem is fixed and not re-visit the e-mail log of the Post STMP plugin to see if it is fixed. I also suggest that you find out if this problem is happening on your client's side. In other words, do they get the order received e-mails with a title of the product in the default language instead of the language they ordered the product in?

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Product language mixed up’ is closed to new replies.