The “Import users from CSV with meta” plugin compatibility with WPML allows you to translate the front-end import page and send translated email notifications to users.
The “Import users from CSV with meta” plugin allows you to import users to your site and update existing ones. You can run the import from the backend or from a page on the front-end. Additionally, you can create custom email notifications to users.
Watch this quick tutorial to learn how to translate the front-end import page and the email notifications sent to users.
You need the following WPML components:
- WPML Multilingual CMS (4.2.0 or above)
- WPML String Translation (2.10.0 or above)
- WPML Translation Management (2.8.0 or above)
Of course, you need to have the Import users from CSV with meta plugin installed and activated on your site. You can find it on the WordPress repository.
Translating this import page is a two-step process:
- Translate the import form’s textual elements. Go to the WPML -> String Translation page and use the search box to find the import form strings. Then, click the translations link and add your translation. Once done, tick “Use my translation” and click Save.
- Translate the title and other textual elements on the page. Edit the the import page and click the plus icon next to the language you want to translate your page into.
This takes you to the Advanced Translation Editor. There, click the Translate automatically button to add machine translation to your page. Check that the translation is good and click the Finish button, then Complete to publish the translation.
This is how the translated user importing page looks like on the front-end:
To translate the default notification email follow the steps below:
- Go to WPML -> String Translation.
- From the Select strings within domain drop-down menu, choose the admin_texts_acui_mail_body text domain.
- Click the translations link and add your translation. Make sure to translate only the content of the email and not the email shortcodes.
- Tick the Translation is complete checkbox, then Save.
To translate the email subject, choose the admin_text_acui_mail_subject text domain and follow the same steps described above.
To translate the custom notification email, edit it first. On the editing page, click the plus icon next to the language you want to translate your email template into. Now, follow the exact same steps we covered for translating the user importing page.
Your users will receive the translated version of the notification email in the following cases:
- When you import the users using the translated version of the user importing page on the front-end.
- Or if you set your profile to that secondary language and import users from the backend.
We have supporters in our forum who are ready six days a week to help you. They are trained in how to use WPML with the”Import users from CSV with meta” plugin.
If you are working with a developer for your site, please use our Translation support forum to get help with translating your site’s content.
If you are setting up the site and WPML yourself, please use our Technical support