Astra is a fast, highly customizable, and lightweight multipurpose WordPress theme. Learn how you can use WPML to translate websites built with Astra.
- Getting Started
- Translating Pages and Posts
- Translating Categories and Tags
- Translating Texts From Astra Theme, Plugins, and Other Places
- Translating Menus
- Translating WooCommerce Using WCML
- Known Issues With Astra
- Getting Help From Our Support
Start by installing and activating the following:
- Astra theme
- WPML core plugin and WPML String Translation add-on
If you’re new to WPML, check out our Getting Started Guide. It quickly walks you through all the translation options you can use.
One of these options is Translate Everything – the quickest way to translate and the easiest way to keep your content up to date. This feature automatically translates pages, posts, custom post types, custom fields, taxonomies, WooCommerce products, and more as you add and edit content.
See our Getting Started Guide for more about translating pages and posts with WPML.
In this example, we demonstrate how to translate standard post categories. You can translate any other taxonomy using the same method.
- Navigate to WPML → Taxonomy Translation.
- From the Select the taxonomy to translate drop-down menu, choose Categories.
- Click on the plus icon to translate a specific category.
- Add the translated text and click on the Save button.
See our detailed documentation on translating taxonomies.
Besides content coming from posts and pages on your site, there are usually some texts coming from other places. The most common examples are themes and plugins.
To learn how to translate these texts, read our documentation page about translating strings.
With WPML, you can easily synchronize your language menus. For more information, please see our complete menus translation tutorial.
Astra theme is compatible with WooCommerce. To translate everything that WooCommerce offers, download the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin (WCML) from your WPML account. Visit our dedicated WCML documentation to learn how to setup a multilingual store and translate your products, categories, variations, shipping classes, and more.
In case you need help translating your site built using Astra and WPML, visit WPML’s support forum.